EagleFiler for Mac
EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail,
Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use
it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different
types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into
folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in
one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search.
Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in
concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
What can you do with EagleFiler? EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant,
and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job,
save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip,
collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase,
remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook.
It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
- Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 or later
- 128 MB RAM
||Free to try, $40.00 to buy
EagleFiler for Mac in a nutshell:
Key Features of the EagleFiler for Mac:
- With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
- EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully
accessible to your other applications.
- Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other
- Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search to find the information you
need (faster than Spotlight).
- View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler’s streamlined interface,
or double-click to edit using another application.
- Just press the F1 key to import a Web page, a scrap of text, mail messages, or any file on your Mac. Press Option-F1 for options or Shift-F1 to make a quick note.
- EagleFiler libraries use an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Import and view any kind of file: RTF, PDF, Word, images, Web archives, chats, and proprietary formats via Quick Look plug-ins.
- The live search is faster than Spotlight, and you can also set up smart folders and smart folder actions.
- Speed up your mail program by archiving old e-mails. EagleFiler can convert from Microsoft Outlook and other formats to the standard mbox format, and it’s designed to handle tons of mail efficiently.
- Save Web pages as self-contained Web archives or PDF files, including all the images, formatting, and the original source URL.
- Use the Mail-like interface to view your folders and file contents in single streamlined window (or multiple windows, if you want).
RTF and text files can be edited directly in EagleFiler. Double-click any kind of file to view or edit it in a specialized application.
- Add tags and notes to your files. Tags are like keywords and can be hierarchical. Notes can contain rich text and links.
- Flag important files, keep track of which documents are unread, and assign colored labels that also show up in the Finder.
- Secure your library using encryption approved by the NSA. Everything is viewable and searchable—once you’ve entered the passphrase.
- Designed with data integrity in mind, EagleFiler ensures that your files are stored safely, and it can verify that none are lost or damaged.
- Create multiple libraries, store them wherever you want, open more than one at a time, and drag and drop files between them.
- Automate EagleFiler via AppleScript. Write stationery scripts that are triggered when you create new documents.
- Files, the notes you add to them, and tags are searchable via Spotlight and from applications that support OpenMeta.
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR EagleFiler for Mac |
- FootTrack for Mac OS X
allows you to import, catalog, organize and search your digital video tapes
- HealthFrame - The Family Health Organizer
personal health record management software product that permanently records, and organizes your family's health and medical information
- Internet Organizer Deluxe
Internet Organizer Deluxe is a Windows software that allows to organize Web related information
a life organizer for families. It was specifically designed to simplify the details of every day family life
- Moderal Jukebox
Moderal Jukebox is a windows MP3 Organizer and MP3 Player software designed for music fans
- Personal Knowbase Reader
Personal Knowbase Reader is a viewer for data files created by Personal Knowbase free form notes organizer software
- Fast Link Checker
Fast Link Checker is used for searching sites for broken links
- File Search Assistant
a file search utility designed to make document searching fast, easy and efficient
- Find Protected
Windows utility designed to search for password protected files on local disks and across a network
- Infine Flash Capture - Search and capture flash
flash capture tool allows you to capture flash files from all open web pages and temporary Internet files, and save flash to disk in one second
- Gift Wrap Plus
useful fully secure web service for managing donor and donation related information
MemOptimizer monitors your system in the background and frees resources when these are required
- Flash Player Plus
is a powerful tool for playing, managing, downloading, and converting Macromedia Flash
- MAPILab Rules for Exchange
is a program for creating and managing Microsoft Exchange Server.