is a versatile graphics manipulation package and an acronym for GNU Image
Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks
as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program,
an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything.
The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures
to be easily scripted.
- Windows 2000/98/ME/XP/Vista
- 128 MB RAM
Key Features of GIMP:
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Supports custom brushes and patterns
- Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Virtually unlimited number of images open at one time
- Advanced Manipulation
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
- Editable text layers
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- Selection tools including rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy
- Foreground extraction tool
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections.
- Transformable paths, transformable selections.
- Quickmask to paint a selection.
- A Procedural Database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs as in Script-fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities (Scheme, Python, Perl)
- Plug-ins which allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters
- Over 100 plug-ins already available
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format
- MNG support
- Frame Navigator (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
- Onion Skin (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
- Bluebox (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
- File Handling
- File formats supported include bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and many others
- Load, display, convert, save to many file formats
- SVG path import/export
SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR GIMP |
- Pixel 3D - create 3D graphics
Pixel 3D is the easiest way possible to create high quality 3D graphics for web site construction or imaging work
- FlashDigger Plus
Explores Flash files, extracts and updates text, graphics, sound and actions.
- AVD Graphic Studio
is a powerful editor for graphics, animation and video. Edit, view and print your images with painting and drawing tools and effects.
- Web Graphics Optimizer
are perfect tools for optimizing and compressing images
- AxGC 2D Graphical ActiveX Control
allow you to create powerful, high performance 2D visualizations of your data quickly, easily and effectively.
- Auto Photo Editor
Image processing, image resizer, graphic converter, photo editor, picture editor, image editor, editing photo, remove red eyes.
- Abacre Photo Editor
can enhance your scanned or digital photos, make color correction, resize images, covert them in variety of image formats and prepare pictures for Web.
- X-Ray Image Maker
is used to create X-ray cut away images for web pages
- Ultimate Paint Standard
is a full-featured 32-bit Windows graphics program for image creation, viewing and manipulation
- Photo Pos Pro
allows you create, edit, enhance, print, and manipulate your digital photos and computer graphics