XL Delete is a powerful secure delete tool that will permanently delete any of your files using one of its five different wipe methods.
Many people believe that emptying the recycle bin will delete a file forever. This is not true, when you delete a file and empty it
from the recycle bin, the file is in fact still on your hard drive. The only thing that happens when you empty the recycle bin is
that Windows marks the area where the file is on the hard drive as overwriteable so that it can reuse the space when necessary.
This allows special data recovery software to be able to actually undelete the file and view all of its original contents.
When you delete a file with XL Delete, the file data will actually be overwritten several times using specialized data
to prevent data recovery software from being able to undelete the file. XL Delete will also incorporate several
obfuscation techniques to hide the original file name and file size from data recovery software.
- Windows Vista/XP/2003
- .NET Framework 1.1+
- 11 Megs Free Space
- 64 Megs Of RAM
|File Size:||4.97 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $29.95 to buy|
Key Features of XL Delete :
Benefits for XL Delete:
- 12 Different wipe methods to choose from including Peter Gutmann's method.
- Define your own custom wipe methods.
- Easy to use wizard. Delete any file or folder in 3 simple steps.
- Shell integration, including integration with the Recycle Bin.
- Ability to wipe all the free space of any selected hard drive.
- Ability to purge old file names from any selected hard drive.
- Ability to securely lock the free space of any selected hard drive.
- Integrated scheduler that allows you to schedule the secure wiping of files and folders.
- Works on memory cards, usb drives, and other types of removable media.
- Drag and drop support for files and folders.
- Cryptographically secure random number generator for maximum protection.
- Ability to force wipe non-system files that are in use.
- Integrated file viewer lets you inspect a file before deleting it.
- Wipe Index.dat files.
- Secure delete any file on your PC.
- Protect your privacy by making sure files you delete can not be recovered.
- Permanently removes old deleted files from your hard drive.
- Clean Internet Explorer and Firefox history, cookies, and temp files.
- Prevent identity thieves from retrieving personal information from your computer.
- Clean your old PC or laptop before donating or selling them.
- Lock extra free space on your hard drive to prevent fragmentation.
| RELATED iPod SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS
- Privacy Suite
protects you by erasing all evidence of your on-line activity beyond recovery,
scrambling its name and dates and finally removing it from disk.
cleaning up your temporary files, internet cache, cookie cache and other system tracks left.
- Crystal Clean
restores hard disk space, deletes unwanted browser cookies, cleans up the history of your computer activities.
- Internet Tracks Washer
protects your privacy by cleaning up the tracks of your activities on your PC and the Internet.
- Privacy Guard
securely deletes all your Internet History, cookies, traces, temporary files, and all other unwanted files!
- IE Privacy Keeper
automatically cleans up the browser history once you are done surfing the net.
- Advanced Tracks Cleaner
erases any traces of Windows previous activities and of your activities on the Internet by
cleaning cache of your browser, cookies, history, showed URLs, index.dat file ...
- Advanced Tracks Eraser
is a complete solution for cleaning internet activities and traces of your PC!
- Anti Tracks
protects your privacy and enhance your PC performance. It erases your internet tracks,
computer activities and programs history information on your computer.
- Tracks Eraser Pro
is designed to protect you by cleaning up all the tracks of Internet activities on your computer.
is designed to protect you by cleaning up all the unwanted history data on your computer.
- Asmw Eraser Pro
Removes Internet tracks and past computer activities like: cache, cookies,
history, visited URLs, typed URLs, index.dat files, temp folders and more.