Aston Secure Desktop
Aston Secure Desktop is a security build of Aston 1.x branch. It possesses all the features of regular Aston shell, but
constrains the ability to alter the admin-defined settings. This restricted version is highly recommended to Internet-cafes
and kiosks administrators, colleges and companies authorities, and parents willing to find their Desktop settings unaltered
after their kids incursions. This is also a perfect way out in other situations when users' ability to customize their working
area needs to be limited.
With Aston Shell Secure Desktop you get a restricted but still beautiful and powerful desktop enhancement. It no way limits the comfort and attractiveness of regular Aston.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- 128 MB of RAM
|License:||Free to try, $34.95 to buy|
Two Modes of Aston Secure Desktop:
What's new in Aston Secure Desktop 1.9.6:
- User mode
In order to switch to the Admin mode one needs to press the pre-defined hotkey combination (Ctrl+Win+Del) and enter the
password. From within the Admin mode one can set the programs and applications to be available from the Main Menu,
both Toolbars, Panels (regular and vertical) and Desktop. When in the Admin mode, one can also tweak the system date
and time and the screen settings, the same concerns Themes and skins. In a word, the Admin mode of Aston Secure Desktop
behaves like regular Aston shell.
In case the Administrator needs to apply the same settings to several computers, he may simply configure the shell for
one computer, export settings and apply those settings on any (all) other machine.
- Admin mode
Unless one knows the admin password, he has to operate the User mode. User mode gives no opportunity to change the
pre-defined settings - the user can only start the programs and apps permitted by the Administrator. Additionally you
can set password for any desktop element (icon) which gives you even greater control over the shell. The appearance
of the shell (Themes and skins) cannot be re-designed either. But the usability of the shell is still very high.
- Three new themes added to the distributive: for a game club, Internet cafe and a hotel.
- New option: export and import of the full ASD configuration
- New option, which lets one disable the task manager
- New option: password protection of the elements start (each element can be protected with its own unique password now)
- New option: show an element to admin only
- New option: abillty to add wallpapers folder
- New option: ability to disable (enable) the system tray
- New option: ability to specify file extensions that can be run in the Apps white list
- Improved Windows Vista support
- Fixed bug: white list in Windows Vista works correctly now
- Fixed bug in plug-ins and their setup
- Fixed bug in the installer functioning under Windows Vista
- Fixed bug with shells switching
- Fixed bug with the folders displaying in the Main Menu
- Fixed bug with the item paths
- Fixed bug with the new desktop elements coordinates
- Fixed bugs in DiskEx, Recycle bin, Panel and Nettrafic, AstAmp plug-ins
- Fixed bug: error with the context menu items under Windows Vista
- Fixed bug: error with the icons displaying in the tray
- Fixed bug: error on context menu call for some plug-ins
- Fixed bug: tray hints were sometimes displayed incorrectly (flickering effect on displaying hints)
- Fixed bug in MS Excel task support
- Fixed bug with .atz file creation
- Fixed bug with multimonitor support
- Fixed bug with shutdown and recycle options
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR ASTON SECURE DESKTOP |
A shell replacement application, which gives you to get a completely new, powerful and easily configurable desktop
- Quick Hide
Quick Hide provides way for home and office PC users to get sensitive materials off the screen without closing programs or losing documents
- Remote Desktop Control - control the remote comput
Remote Desktop Control allows the user to remotely control any computer, allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other computer remotely
- Cool Desk - Virtual Desktop Manager
It is a virtual desktops manager.
- Cresotech DesktopSafe Pro
It is a convenient tool for safe storage of confidential information.
- Desktop Armor
Watches important settings on your computer and warns you if any program has changed them.
- Innovatools Desktop Commander
Make your taskbar and traybar look clear again!
- Desktop Scout
It is a powerful computer surveillance program.
- Desktop Spy
Secretly takes pictures of your computer screen, records all applications loaded, web sites visited...
- EssentialPIM Pro Desktop Edition
It is a powerfully simple personal information manage can store, manage and encrypt data.
- Access Denied XP
You can lock your desktop by mouse click easily like hotkey.
- Multi-screen Remote Desktop
It is fast, secure and affordable remote-control software
is a virtual desktop manager that creates multiple desktops. It is small, stable, fast, easy to use and can improve your efficiency.
- XP Visual Tools
is a complete suite of Windows XP desktop enhancement that designed to give your computer a more dynamic feel
- Talisman Desktop
Talisman Desktop - desktop management and shell replacement for 32bit XP icons, themes, skins.