Desktop Armor watches dozens and dozens of important settings on your computer
and warns you if any program has changed them.
This catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer
and lets you immediately fix them back!
Plus Desktop Armor includes a lot of other useful features like a Popup blocker,
checks to help you avoid Phishing scams, and much more!
- Windows 8/7/XP/Vista
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- Pentium II CPU
- 512 MB RAM
|File Size:||1.61 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $25.00 to buy|
Key Features of Desktop Armor :
- Desktop Armor watches your computer for changes,
immediately notifying you when a change is made to confirm you want to keep or reject the change.
This saves you from lots of headaches. (A "Computer Setting Firewall" is an excellent description.)
- Desktop Armor protects your web browser's home page and other important settings. It lets you easily fix things if your browser has been taken over by a hijacker, and watches for hijackers trying to invade.
- Helps your computer start faster by keeping unnecessary things from starting every time you start Windows.
- Keeps you from having your modem's phone number changed to dial expensive pay-per-minute numbers when connecting to the Internet!
- Catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer.
- Prevents programs you install from adding new icons or favorites that you don't want.
- In my testing, installing America Online's latest software adds 2 programs to run every time Windows starts, adds 5 icons on your desktop, and adds 2 icons in the Quick Launch area. All without ever asking you what you want. Desktop Armor catches all those changes and lets you choose to keep or reject them.
- And many more. There are dozens and dozens of different settings that Desktop Armor watches to protect you.
- Desktop Armor protects you from Phishing Scams that try to trick you to give out your bank login, credit card, etc. Protect yourself from identity theft!
- Desktop Armor helps you prevent worms, hackers, or other malicious programs from invading your computer by letting you easily turn off rarely used Windows features.
Features that have had security problems and have been exploited by several worms like MSBlast already.
- Desktop Armor improves your web browsing by blocking unwanted popup windows using smart checks to automatically show the windows you want,
but block the advertisements you don't want. (And lets you turn off the "Windows Messenger Service" that is just used to send you more ads too.)
- Desktop Armor protects your privacy by blocking "Web Bugs": tags that are invisibly included on web pages to track you.
- Desktop Armor has tools to easily look at all the programs that will start when Windows starts,
to let you see where the space is being used on your hard drives, and more!
|More Screenshots - Click each image to enlarge!
| RELATED iPod SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS
is an intuitive network security scanner that can quickly audit your network computers for vulnerabilities, exploits, and information enumerations.
- WinTasks 5 Professional
is the perfect complement to your firewall and anti-virus software and defend malicious software.
You can rely on WinTasks to quickly improve your computer's security and speed.
- BitDefender 8 Professional Plus
integrates antivirus, firewall and antispam modules into one comprehensive security package.
- Panda Titanium Antivirus 2006
detects and eliminates spyware and other annoying programs that install themselves on your computer.
- Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006
offers the most effective protection against viruses, spyware, hackers, phishing, spam and other Internet threats.
- Anti Trojan Elite
is a trojan/keylogger remover that can find out and stop trojan horse in time.
- Geek Superhero
watches dozens of important settings on your computer and warns you
if any program has changed them and lets you immediately fix them back!
- Look 'Trojan' Stop
is used to scan and remove trojan horses, viruses, and spyware from your PC.
- PC DoorGuard
scans emal messages and any media on your PC for backdoors and trojan horses.
- McAfee VirusScan
ensures your PC is protected from viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, web dialers, and other malicious threats.