Pano2exe is intended to convert (but not create) panoramic JPEG or .bmp images into stand-alone executable programs. Usually it uses 360?panoramas but also can accept less than 360° views. The panoramas are displayed using Pano2exe built-in Cylindrical viewer.
Pano2exe also creates installation packages to distribute panoramas or any other kind of files.
Pano2exe is no longer available nor sold.
- Windows ME / NT / 2000 / XP.
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||1.58 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $25.00 to buy|
There are several advantages in converting panoramas to self-executable files (*.exe) instead of distributing them as QuickTime movies
- Quality. JPEG images do not display color banding. So skies and other backgrounds can be shown with excellent definition.
- The users may be able to modify the image zoom, or you may disallow uses from resizing your panoramas. The maximum height used to display the image is only limited by the screen height. That means that one image that has 800 pixels of height will be displayed with a maximum zoom of 92.7% on a typical 1024x768 screen.
- Image layers allows adding transparent images or images linked to other panoramas or files on top of the panorama. Linking one panorama to other may be used to create virtual tours through a place or may also be a useful way of reducing the size of the panoramic files.
- Installation program. Pano2exe can also creates installers, so you can include one or more panoramas, or any other kind of files, into a professional looking installation package. The uninstall feature is included.
- Sound playing. Pano2exe allows adding sounds to the installations, and cay play them while the panoramas are shown. So you can attach music or a description to the panorama.
- The scroll speed and direction may be adjusted and can be manual or automatic.
- Alternatively, users may save the part of the panorama that is displays as a .bmp file.