|Make BestShareware.net your home page||Add BestShareware.net to your favorites|
|MAC Software | Linux Software | Pocket PC | iPod Software|
How To Fix "NTLDR is missing"
This article will show you How to Fix "NTLDR is missing".
Required software: Spotmau PowerSuite
When you start your computer, you receive the error message "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart."
The error message "NTLDR is missing" means that the Windows boot loader (NT Loader, NTLDR) cannot be found. This often occurs when the computer tries to boot from a drive other than the one Windows is installed on, due to a change in the drive configuration or because you left a bootable disk in a removable drive. But it may also be because the NTLDR file has been corrupted or deleted.
The easiest way to fix the "NTLDR is missing" error is to use Spotmau PowerSuite. However, if your computer is using Windows XP and you have a Windows XP installation CD you may be able to boot from this and use the Recovery Console to fix NTLDR manually instead.
Use Spotmau PowerSuite:
1. Download and install Spotmau PowerSuite to your computer. Insert the Spotmau PowerSuite CD. The main menu will appear.
2. Click 2. Windows Recovery.
3. When the Windows Recovery tool starts, click Windows NT/2000/XP/2003.
4. On the Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Recovery dialog, click Recover NTLDR and NTDETECT.
5. On the Recover NTLDR and NTDETECT dialog, select your operating system (e.g. Windows XP) and then click Recover.
The tool will repair the file and report "NTLDR and NTDETECT have been recovered successfully."
6. Remove the Spotmau PowerTools CD from the drive and click Restart to reboot the computer.
Using the Windows Recovery Console:
The Windows 2000 and Windows XP CDs supplied by Microsoft has a tool called the Recovery Console which can be used to repair errors that prevent Windows XP from starting using the command line. OEM versions of Windows XP, including computers that were supplied with Windows XP preinstalled, may not have this utility.
We hope you enjoy this guide!
Related Article and Guides:
How to Fix Tooltips hide behind taskbar
How To Recover a lost BIOS password
How To Run Windows on a Mac
How To Change Windows Desktop Wallpaper
How To Recover a lost Windows password
Fix "missing or corrupt system32\hal.dll"error
How do I Recover Deleted Files and Folders
How to Remove Zip Password - Typical Workflow
Spotmau PowerSuite Professional 2008
Submit Software |
Advertise with Us |
Copyright © BestShareware.net. All rights reserved.