Pocket Stars PDA - ARM / XScale
Pocket Stars is a high accuracy star chart, ephemeris, and Celestial Navigation
calculator for the Pocket PC. The ultimate portable astronomy software for Pocket PC.
The ARM and XScale version supports ALL current PocketPCs and PocketPC phone edition devices.
This includes devices running the following Operating Systems: Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional and Classic,
Windows Mobile 5.0, PocketPC Phone Edition, PocketPC 2003SE, PocketPC 2003, PocketPC 2002,
and all PocketPC 2000 devices using ARM/XScale processors
(all Pocket PCs manufactured since 2001 - some earlier devices used MIPS and SH3 processors
which require a different version of Pocket Stars PDA.)
- Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional
- WM6 Professional and WM6 Classic
- PocketPC 2000/2002/2003
|License:||Free to try, $19.95 to buy|
Star Chart Features:
Celestial Navigation Features:
- Supports all PocketPC devices including WM6, WM5, WM2003SE, and all resolutions including QVGA, VGA, square,
portrait and landscape modes.
- User interface optimized for simple and fast star, planet, Messier, and Caldwell object identification.
Single click on any body to get the name, designation, calculated altitude, azimuth, and magnitude.
Drag the cursor to scroll the chart. Zoom in and out with a single click.
- 3D Orrery display of solar system and background stars and constellations.
- Display of orbital paths for inner solar system bodies showing daily positions for one year centered on current date.
- Animation of the sky in increments of hours, days, weeks, or months.
- Manual or automatic control of star magnitudes. Simple control over which objects to display.
Overall, these features give great control of visual clutter given the limited screen real estate on the Pocket PC.
- Black, white, and red star chart colors for normal, bright, and night viewing conditions, respectively.
Complete skinning or customization of star chart colors.
- Chart can be rotated to any of the 16 compass points and also flipped along the North - South axis.
This allows the either overhead (East and West reversed) or non-overhead (East and West normal) viewing.
- Polar grid with hour angle and declination labels.
- Zenith grid.
- Search and scroll to constellation, body, star, or Messier / Caldwell objects.
- User location set by clicking on map, city selection, GPS, or by entering Latitude and Longitude.
- Chart can be "live, realtime", or static for any user selected time.
- Core positional calculation routines based on "Novas"
(Naval Observatory Vector Astrometry Subroutines Version 2.0.1).
- Star data is from the Bright Star Catalog (5th Revised Edition),
comprising the 9110 brightest stars using J2000 equatorial positions
and the International Celestial Reference Frame (ICRF). Corrections
are performed for proper motions andparallax.
- Planet ephemeris data from Jet Propulsion Laboratory using the DE405 database.
DE405 is JPL's latest planetary ephemeris with correction for both nutations and librations.
DE405 uses the J2000 International Celestial Reference Frame (ICRF).
The portion of this database provided with Pocket Stars covers the years CE 2000 to CE 2020.
- Reduction from sextant altitude to observed altitude for any of the 9110 stars, nine planets,
and sun and moon. Watch this movie to see how it's done.
- Corrections for observer height (DIP), refraction (temperature and atmospheric pressure), and vessel movement.
- Position from intercept and azimuth by calculation for multiple
sextant observations following procedures in "The Nautical Almanac"
by the United States Naval Observatory.
- Any number of sextant observations can be individually enabled to compute a best fit when computing a FIX.
Results may be plotted, showing the assumed position (AP), FIX, and observations with intercepts and amplitudes.
- Intermediate calculations for each observation can be displayed,
with selectable formats (DD.dddd, DD MM.mm, DD MM SS) for degrees, minutes, seconds.
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR POCKET STARS PDA - ARM / XSCALE
- Cresotech PocketLANce
It is a unique application allowing Pocket PC users to browse and manage LAN resources on their PDA devices.
- avast! 4 PDA Edition
It is designed to protect pocket devices (PDAs) from viruses.
It is a powerful PDF Document Management application.
- Pocket PC Forensic Software
is a PDA investigation software examines your pocket pc device and generates report.
- CodeThat Studio
It is a powerful tool for creating various kinds of Web controls.
can receive weather reports, navigational warnings and weather charts transmitted in RTTY, NAVTEX ..
- King Of Mathermatics
designed to help people young and old improve there math skills
- Versadial VScreen
record animated PC screens with audio commentary to compressed AVI files