Cresotech PocketLANce is a unique application allowing Pocket PC users to browse and manage LAN resources on
their PDA devices. Designed for both personal and corporate use, PocketLANce opens new horizons for business people,
software developers, mobile professionals or home users: now they can work with their corporate or personal LAN resources
using their Pocket PCs both outside and inside of their offices. This application provides a unique easy-to-use option of
locating, retrieving and moving/copying network files via conventional ActiveSync connection, network card or even mobile
- Pentium 100 or higher
- 32 MB RAM
- Ethernet Network Adapter 10/100
Pocket PC Side:
- Microsoft PocketPC OS
- ARM/MIPS/SH3 compatible PocketPC device
- 1 Mb memory free
- Com/USB Cradle
|File Size:||327 KB|
|License:||Free to try, $29.00 to buy|
Main advantages of PocketLANce:
PocketLANce provides several different modes of network access:
- Browsing, managing and transferring Windows Network resources from Pocket PC.
- All popular Pocket PC models supported (iPaq, Cassiopeia, Jornada, Symbol, etc.).
- Easy-to-use file operations.
- Similar to Windows desktop PC, all LAN resources are shown as a single tree structure.
- Convenient visual representation of resources.
- Acquiring the detailed information on network resources.
- All file operations performed in a single step.
- Work via standard ActiveSync connection. Network Adapter is not required but recommended.
- Mobile network access from any place using RAS or DUN.
- Integration with standard File Explorer on Pocket PC.
- Different network access rights and security levels are supported.
- Optional peer-to-peer operation mode.
- Available for ARM, MIPS and SH3 CPU's.
- User-friendly interface.
- CRADLE MODE
This mode is allowing browsing your local network on your Pocket PC with no additional equipment.
- WIRELESS CONNECTION
Combining your PocketLANce and Pocket PC with GSM card you are getting a real wireless mobile networking solution.
A cost-effective solution for accessing your site office documents from elsewhere.
This option is good choice for developers or system administrators.
It can also be used as intermediate step for wireless connection setup.
- NETWORK CARD CONNECTION
Combined with your network card, PocketLANce browses you through your LAN really swiftly,
comfortably and efficiently, adding more value to your network card.
- PEER-TO-PEER CONNECTION
Cresotech PocketLANce in Peer-to-Peer mode enables direct data exchange between
two Pocket PC devices without need for network access.