WebDelegator is a server solution that permits a collection of web servers to be hosted on a single IP address.
This is accomplished by binding to the HTTP service port on the single IP address, just like an ordinary web server.
However, when a connection arrives, the request is handled by creating another connection to a specific web server
from a group of servers.
The decision about which web server to target is determined by evaluating the domain name specified in the host header
field of the initial request. This design allows multiple web servers to be associated with a particular IPv4 address,
which are a valued resource these days.
Since an additional connection is established, it always appears to the web server that the caller is the WebDelegator
software. To resolve this situation, the IP address of the originator is appended to the referer header field of the
forwarded requests. This ensures no information is lost in translation.
WebDelegator includes an administrative web interface. This allows a web browser to be used to configure the web server
mappings, and control which clients are permitted to connect. It also allows the monitoring of the internal operation of
the software, by displaying connection / data transfer statistics, and an activity log.
The administrative web interface can optionally integrate with Internet Information Services (IIS) to take advantage of
its advanced security capabilities.
- Windows 95,98,ME,NT 4.x,2000,XP,2003
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||348 KB|
|License:||Free to try, $99.00 to buy|
Main Features of WebDelegator :
- Supports a wide range of Windows platforms, including:
- Windows 95 with Winsock 2 Update
- Windows 98, 98 SE or ME
- Windows NT Workstation or Server 4.0
- Windows 2000 Professional, Server or Advanced Server
- Windows XP Home or Professional
- Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise or Web
- High-performance, scalable, multi-threaded design.
- Utilizes the overlapped I/O model under Windows 95 or greater.
- Utilizes the completion port I/O model under Windows NT or greater.
- Runs as a process, with a tray icon, under Windows 95 or greater.
- Runs as a system service under Windows NT or greater.
- Build-in web server, allows for web-based administration of the software.
- Can integrate with Internet Information Services (IIS) for its advanced abilities.
- Retains the client IP address by appending information to the referer header field.
- Ability to forward to computers outside the local area network.
- Ability to forward to computers with arbitrary port numbers.
- Configurator can be used to manage the administrative interface.
- Access control lists indicate which IP addresses are permitted to connect.
- Session statistics maintain transfer information since the service was started.
- Active connections viewable from the session statistics table.
- Historical statistics maintain transfer information since the product was installed.
- Log file keeps track of changes and reports error conditions.
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR WEBDELEGATOR
- Easy File Sharing Web Server
It is a file sharing software that allows visitors to upload/download files easily through.
- AtomicRobot.com FTP Professional
is one of the easiest-to-use FTP programs ever. It allows multiple files to be transferred at once, yet is designed to be so easy to use, anyone can use it.
is a Dynamic DNS System that will make your computer accessible anytime, anywhere by associating a domain name of your choice to your current Dynamic or Static IP address.
- Tembria Server Monitor
is an advanced tool for monitoring network devices
- IP Address Monitor
network IP address monitoring software which allows you to be informed of IP address changes on a remote computer
offers Internet security, content security and advanced Internet firewall protection for all your LAN computers
- Dynamic IP Monitor
Dynamic IP Monitor checks for changes in external and internal IP addresses every X number of minutes ..
is LAN administration tool it can quickly obtain IP addresses, MAC addresses, hostnames, users and groups.
- TelnetXQ Server
is a full featured enterprise level Telnet Server.
Many cable and DSL Internet service providers today assign dynamic IP addresses each time you connect.
IPMaster is a IP address management software which provides Visual IP address assignment, automatic subnet calculator, mask calculation and subnetting.
- Web Log Explorer Log Analyzer
Analize Web site logs, web server log analyzer generates reports of any kind and displays them
is a load and stress testing tool for testing web sites, web servers, and intranet applications with web interfaces
- DWebPro Standard Edition
is a stand-alone web-server with CGI, PHP/MySQL, SMTP Server on CD
is a shell (GUI) for configuring Apache web servers.