ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on
ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks
text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for
users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs,
diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking
functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it
is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to
store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead
of maintaining separate ones on each application.
ieSpell is not spyware or adware. It's free for personal use only. All
other use requires a commercial license.
||2.5.1 (build 106)
- Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- 7 MB of free disk space (More if you install the optional language packs)
|License:||Free to try, $15.00 to buy|
- Completely standalone spell checker for your web browser. Does not require Microsoft Office
or any other third party components.
- Integrates flawlessly with Internet Explorer and other IE based browsers.
- Three ways to start the spell check; via the right click context menu, the toolbar or the menu bar.
- Supports a wide range of web applications including simple text forms, rich text editors,
forums, blogs, webmail (including Outlook Web Access and Lotus iNotes) and more!
- Spell check in any of the 3 variants (US, UK and Canadian) of the English Language!
- Suggestions are sorted by the degree of closeness with the misspelled word.
- Intelligent suggesting for misspelled words using typographic “looks like” matching.
- Easily add/remove your personal words in ieSpell via an intuitive user interface!
- Organise your personal words in individual custom dictionaries! Share them with your
friends and co-workers over the network!
- Integrates with Microsoft Office's proofing tools. Have ieSpell share the same copy
of the custom dictionary so that when you add/remove your personal words in ieSpell, the same is reflected in Microsoft
Office and vice versa!
- ieSpell suggested a word that you are not familiar with? Look up its meaning in an online dictionary!
- Powerful API for web application developers.
- Force users to spell check the document before submission.
- Ignore certain text fields.
- Refuse a form submission if the user cancels the spell check!
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR SMARTMENUS |
- Maxthon Tabbed Browser
Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface
- Acoo Browser
is a powerful multi-tabbed Internet browser based on the Internet Explorer engine.
empowers you to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser
- STMP3 Player
Just about every Trekkie wants an LCARS PC. That won't happen for many years but we can have LCARS interface programs for our PC
- Web Prowler
macrobyte's highly secure, unique internet web-browser
- Address URL Editor
It is a little tool that helps users to edit and erase URL Address Dropdown List in Internet Explorer.
- febooti ieZoom toolbar
is a Internet Explorer toolbar - browsers / webmasters tool
- Portable Bookmarks
is a compact, mobile and browser-independent bookmark manager, that allows you to attach it to any computer via a removable device.