Virtual Audio Cable
Virtual Audio Cable software allows you to transfer audio (wave) streams between
applications and/or devices.
Virtual Audio Cable is intended to connect several audio applications together in real time.
It's like a sound card with hardwired input and output: when an application sends an audio stream
to a virtual cable, other applications can record this stream from the other cable end.
Thus, you can record and process output of almost any audio application by almost any
other audio application.
Windows multimedia driver which creates a "virtual cable" represented by two waveform devices,
input and output, with internal link between them. Allows direct, untouched sound transfer
between different applications. Useful to record application's audio output in real time,
and save an output sound stream from applications that doesn't allow to write it into
WAV file directly. Virtual Audio Cable is a "wave-version" of the "MIDI loopback cable"
like MultiMid or
Hubi's Loopback drivers. Unlike Total Recorder allowing you to simply save audio stream,
Virtual Audio Cable allows to route it in real time.
Can be used with any audio application (WinAMP, AIMP, Audacity, Foobar2000, Audition,
Skype, Flex-Radio etc.).
- Windows 7/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008
- Any hardware suitable for a host OS.
||Free to try, $30.00 to buy
Key Features of Virtual Audio Cable:
- Local session only (not available from Remote Desktop).
- Native WDM/KS audio technology.
- Advanced settings to optimize your video quality
- Up 256 Virtual Cables (Windows limits number of MME devices to 32. Number of DirectSound devices is not
- 1..20 milliseconds per interrupt.
- 1..100 pin instances.
- Almost any of fixed point PCM audio formats (200..1000000 samples per second, 8..32 bits per sample, 1..8
channels). Floating point formats are not supported.
- Almost no sound latency with maximal interrupt frequency.
- Unlimited number of clients connected to each port.
- Signal mixing (with saturation) between output port clients.
- PCM format conversion.
- Volume control features.
- Control Panel application to dynamically configure cables.
- Audio Repeater application that transfers from any Wave In to any Wave Out port.