PSPad is a freeware programmer's editor for Microsoft Windows operating
systems, useful for people who:
work with various programming environments;
like highlighted syntax in their source code;
need a small tool with simple controls and the capabilities of a mighty code editor;
are looking for a tool that handles plain text;
want to save time - PSPad offers rich text formating functions;
need tool what offer user extension capabilities;
want to save money and still have the functionality of professional products because PSPad
is free for commercial and government purposes too.
PSPad beta versions are published in the discussion forum.
You can download them without any restrictions, test new program functions
and have bugs corrected before the full release is available.
- Windows 7/2000/XP/NT/ME/Vista
- Pentium II CPU
- 256 MB of RAM
Key Features of PSPad:
- work with projects
- work with several documents at the same time (MDI)
- save desktop sessions to later reopen all session files
- FTP client - edit files directly from the web
- macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- search and replace in files
- text difference with color-coded differences highlighted
- templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates...)
- installation contains templates for HTML, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL, MS-Dos, Perl,...
- syntax highlighting according to file type
- user-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- auto correction
- intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- full HEX editor
- call different external programs for different environments
- external compiler with output catcher, log window and log parser for an "IDE" effect in every environment
- color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- integrated TiDy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML, XHTML
- integrated free version of the top CSS editor TopStyle Lite
- export with highlight to RTF, HTML, TeX format to file or clipboard
- column block select, bookmarks, line numbers, ...
- reformat and compress HTML code, tag character case change
- line sorting with ability to sort on defined columns and drop duplicates
- ASCII chart with HTML entities
- Code explorer for Pascal, C/C++, INI, HTML, XML, PHP and more in development
- spell checker
- internal web browser with APACHE support
- matching bracket highlighting
- ...(many more features, too numerous to list)
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR PSPAD
- GWD Text Editor
GWD Text Editor is a powerful general purpose editor for plain text files and integrated developer environment for Borland C++, Java and Euphoria compilers
- NoteTab Standard
NoteTab Standard is an ideal Notepad replacement and a capable HTML editor
It is a powerful text editor for MS Windows, primarily targeted at power users and developers.
- NoteVault - secure text editor
It is a simple to use, but yet a powerful and secure text editor.
- CoffeeCup HTML Editor
It is 2 Editors in 1 : the code editor, the visual editor
- EmEditor Text Editor Professional
is a lightweight yet extendable, easy-to-use text editor for Windows.
- SuperEdi Text Editor
is the ideal free Unicode text and HTML editor with syntax coloring and FTP client
- Boxer Text Editor
is a full-featured, general purpose text editor, but it also has many special features for HTML and website editing
is a Powerful Text, HEX, HTML, PHP and Programmer's Editor for Windows 7/Vista/NT/2000/2003 and XP
- GridinSoft Notepad
editor provide the power and functionality to satisfy the most demanding text editing requirements.
is the powerful IDE built on the chassis of UltraEdit, the world renowned text editor.