When OpenOffice.org 3.4 was released, no one could believe that software this good could be free. An estimated 16
million+ people have downloaded the software; many more have installed it from CDs or were passed copies by enthusiastic
users. Community members produced translations in over 30 languages.
The OpenOffice.org community listened to users' comments, fixed their bugs, and is now proud to announce
OpenOffice.org 3.4. More powerful, more compatible, more international, more accessible, more open than
ever1 - and best of all, this world class software is still free!
Compatible with other major office suites, OpenOffice.org is free to download, use, and distribute.
- Windows 7/Vista/2000/XP
- 512 MBytes RAM recommended
- 250 Mbytes hard disk space
|File Size:||134.0 MB|
- All the packages have a similar 'look and feel' making them very
easy to use, with common 'learn once use everywhere' tools like the
Navigator and Stylist.
- The same tools are used consistently across the suite - for example,
the tools you use to work with graphics within Writer are also found
in Impress and Draw.
- You don't need to know which application was used to create a particular
file - you can 'File Open' any OpenOffice.org 1.1 file from anywhere
and the correct application will be launched.
- All the packages share a common spell-checker, etc.; and if you
change an 'Option' in one package, it's changed in them all.
- Information can be transferred easily between all the packages.
- All packages save data in the same industry-standard XML format,
with substantial disk space savings compared to common proprietary
- All the packages are installed in one single operation.
- All the packages are released under the same open licensing model
- there are no hidden charges now or in the future.
|More Screenshots - Click each image to enlarge!|