The Last Sorceror (Mac OS X version)
The Last Sorceror is a game that takes classic arcade action and mixes in some decent story and features to freshen it up.
Terrapod Games even took into account the tastes of players who might not want to bother with story and provided a
nice "Smash Mode" to simply get in and start playing.
You are the leader of a powerful Order of Sorcerors.
Having defeated mankind's greatest enemy, the Demon Hordes, you retreat to Haven for a life of peaceful seclusion.
One day, after many decades, your retirement is shattered by signs of an old, familiar danger: the Demons have returned!
You return to find the Order slaughtered, monstrous creatures roaming the landscape, and humanity on the run.
It is your duty to regain your former power and stop the Demon scourge. You are the Last Sorceror.
|File Size:||26.5 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $14.95 to buy|
Game Features of The Last Sorceror (Mac OS X version):
- Fast-action gameplay with a dual-axis ("Robotron") control scheme for independent
moving and firing controls, providing maximum combat efficiency.
- 33 different spells to learn. Hurl fireballs, walk on water, and suspend time itself on your way to victory!
- Numerous spellcasting strategies and interactions to discover.
Every spell can be devastating to the enemy in the right situation!
- Relentless enemy hordes composed of a more than a dozen distinct Demon species,
each with its own behavior, strengths, weaknesses, idioms, likes, dislikes, and general flights of fancy.
- Varied arena types, including areas of grass, forest, and foothills.
Adjust your play style and use the terrain to your greatest advantage!
- Nasty surprises that change the rules of the arena to keep you on your toes.
Brave the perils of magma-spewing fissures, magical engines, all-consuming vortexes, and more.
- Story mode (1P): Build your character's magical mastery, find new spells,
and manage your resources to become the ultimate spellcasting machine.
- Smash mode (1P or 2P): Forget about character development!
Enter the arena fighting, pick up spell powerups as they appear, and survive as many waves of Demons as you can.
- Randomly generated maps and arenas, for a different game experience every time.
- Flexible control system. Move with the joystick and fire with the keyboard,
or move with the keyboard and fire with the mouse, or move and fire with two joysticks or, ... ("You get the idea." -PJM)
- Adjustable and self-adjusting difficulty. Includes settings from Apprentice to Archmage,
with an algorithm that fine-tunes game parameters according to your recent performance.
|More Screenshots - Click each image to enlarge!|