|Make BestShareware.net your home page||Add BestShareware.net to your favorites|
|MAC Software | Linux Software | Pocket PC | iPod Software|
How to Copy Music from iPod to the Computer?
Many methods of copy music from your iPod to the computer involve programs such as PodUtil. This method is simple and there are no outside programs to use.
See Step-to-Step Guide:
1. Plug your iPod in and wait for the computer to recognize it.
2. Open up 'My Computer' and under 'Devices With Removable Storage', double click and open apple iPod.
3. Click on 'Tools' at the top of the window and drag down to 'Folder Options'.
4. Under the 'View' tab, find the subfolder called 'Hidden files and folders'.
5. Select the option 'Show hidden files and folders'.
6. Click 'OK'.
7. Double click on the newly shown 'iPod_Control' folder and open up the folder called 'Music'. These folders are named randomly and your music is impossible to find individually.
8. Select all the folders and copy them to a new folder on your hard drive. You are now done with your iPod. Eject it if you wish.
9. Open up iTunes. In the new folder you created, open up each individual folder labeled 'F##' select all the music files in the folder and drag them into your library in iTunes. iTunes will already have the tags stored for these songs so renaming them should not be an issue.
10. Alternatively, Press F3 to enter search, and enter "*.mp3" (no quotes) to find all the MP3 files at once, then press CTRL+A to select all the found files then copy them to a folder on your computer. This way all the music files are in the same folder which makes it far more simple to import them into iTunes. (If any of your files are in MPEG4 format, you can search for "*.m*" to generate a list of all your songs.) (see Warning below)
If you follow the step #10, to copy all the songs at once, you may run into trouble if multiple songs in different 'F##' folders have been given the same random name. For example, you may have several different songs given the same name '01Track01.m4a'. When you try to copy them all to the same new folder on your computer, you will either not get all the songs from your iPod, or you will have to manually copy over all the duplicate named ones into separate folders, which is very time-consuming. It may turn out to be faster to use the first method above (copying each F## folder to iTunes separately).
How to Make an iPod Cover?
How to Rip DVD Movie to iPod Video Format?
How to Convert DVD Movies to iPod Format
How to convert DRM video clips like WMA, M4P, M4B, M4V, iTunes files
Guide to Record LP to CD and Record Tape to CD
How do I rip vinyl albums to my PC computer, CD, MP3 or iTunes/iPod?
M4P Converter Tutorials - Convert M4P to MP3, M4P to AAC, M4P to WMA
How to rip DVD movie to Zune video format and the easy way to put DVD on Zune.
Itunes to MP3 Converter - Convert Itunes to MP3
How to Convert and Copy DVD Movies to PSP
Submit Software |
Advertise with Us |
Copyright © BestShareware.net. All rights reserved.