Firestreamer-RM (Removable Media) is server grade backup software for Microsoft Windows systems, which allows you to use the Microsoft Backup Utility
(NTBackup) and Microsoft SQL Server Backup (SQLBackup) to back up your data directly to a wide range of backup media,
such as DVD, HDD, Iomega REV, flash memory and so on. Firestreamer-RM supports data compression and encryption,
media and drive spanning, Windows Automated System Recovery, easy backup scheduling, remote media drives and more
Firestreamer-RM supports Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server, and is fully compatible
with Microsoft Small Business Server 2000/2003 Backup Configuration Wizard.
- Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003
- Pentium processor
- 64MB RAM
|File Size:||2.20 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $60.00 to buy|
Firestreamer-RM has the following advantages:
- Native backup of Windows file systems and components with the Microsoft Backup Utility (NTBackup). All the features of NTBackup are supported, including the volume shadow copy technology.
- Native backup of live Microsoft SQL Server databases with SQLBackup.
- Backup of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Support for Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) Backup.
- Support for scheduled backups with easy, flexible media management and email notifications.
- Support for 64-bit Microsoft Windows, both x64 and IA-64 editions.
- Support for Microsoft Removable Storage.
- Support for Symantec Backup Exec 10d.
- Full integration with Windows Automated System Recovery (ASR), also known as bare metal restore.
- Built-in strong data encryption.
- Built-in compression to store more data on the same media.
- Media spanning to spread large backups across multiple pieces of media with a single media drive.
- Drive spanning to spread large backups across multiple media drives to eliminate frequent manual media changes.
- Support for remote media drives via iSCSI.
- Fast direct writing to the backup media with no intermediate files.
- Huge advantages over the BKF files and packet writing (DLA) software.
- Support for media drives with no drive letters assigned.
- Painless transition from tape backup to other media
Firestreamer-RM is for you if:
- You use NTBackup or SQLBackup with tapes, but are considering other storage media.
- You use NTBackup or SQLBackup with non-tape media, but would like faster backups with data compression and encryption.
- You are looking for low cost feature packed backup software for your Windows server, desktop PC or laptop
Firestreamer-RM provides the following features for scheduled backups:
- Ability to overwrite unrecognized media.
- Ability to overwrite expired media.
- Ability to append to previous backups.
- Support for media and drive spanning.
- Support for scheduled ASR backups.
- Support for SMTP email notifications with log file attachments.
- Customizable parser for NTBackup log files.
- Scheduled tasks summary report.
Firestreamer-RM supports the following software:
Firestreamer-RM supports most of the media drives, including:
- Microsoft Backup Utility (NTBackup).
- Microsoft SQL Server (SQLBackup) 6.5, 7.0 and 2000.
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Microsoft Removable Storage.
- Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) Backup Wizard.
- Windows Automated System Recovery (ASR).
- Microsoft Windows XP.
- Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition (AMD64, Intel EM64T).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition (AMD64, Intel EM64T).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 IA-64 Edition (Intel Itanium).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4.
- Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) 2000.
- Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) 2003.
- Symantec Backup Exec 10d.
Firestreamer-RM supports the following media types:
- Internal and external drives.
- SCSI and iSCSI.
- Any other media drives recognized by Windows as fixed or removable disk drives or DVD
DVD-R/RW media is not supported.
- DVD+R DL (Double Layer).
- Iomega REV.
- HDD (hard disk drive).
- Flash memory (pen drives, CompactFlash, SecureDigital etc).
- Any other media recognized by Windows as fixed or removable disk media