ffmpegX - Mac OS X
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X graphic user interface designed to easily operate more than 20 powerful
Unix open-source video and audio processing tools including ffmpeg the "hyper fast video and audio encoder",
mpeg2enc the open-source mpeg-2 encoder and multiplexer and mencoder the mpeg-4 encoder with subtitles support.
- Mac OS X 10.3 and higher
- 256MB RAM
|File Size:||15.0 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $15.00 to buy|
- As simple as 1.2.3 : Drop a file, choose a destination format, and click "Encode".
- Reads the following input formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVX 3, DIVX 4, DIVX 5,
XviD, non-encrypted VOB and VIDEO_TS, Quicktime .MOV, .DV, .WAV, Real Audio, Real Video, H.263, H.264, PGM, YUV,
PPM, AC3, PCM8/16 bits, mulaw/Alaw, WMA-1/2, SUN AU format, MP2, MP3, AAC, 3GP, TiVo and even more formats.
- Converts the above formats to DivX, XviD, H.264, MOV, DV, 3GP, MP4, Sony PSP, MP2,
MP3, AAC, AC3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VCD, CVD, SVCD, KVCD, KSVCD, DVD, KDVD and MPEG-TS with complete control over
- Super-fast. Many conversions are faster than realtime.
DIVX encoding on a G5 dual is twice as faster as realtime.
- Queue encodings in the ffmpegX Progress window.
- Includes a full-featured universal video player (mplayer) supporting VOB
and text subtitles, with choice of fonts, font sizes and international text encodings including Japanese,
Chinese, Russian, Greek and more.
- Supports subtitles in VobSub, SubRip, MicroDVD, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer,
RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt formats.
- Allows creation of DVD selectable subtitles.
- Includes a subtitle converter with OCR from VOB image format to SRT text format.
- Includes a bitrate calculator to control best image quality and target filesize.
- Includes an automatic crop tool.
- Includes a series of video tools like split, join, fix, mux, demux.
- Compresses a DVD to 4GB without reencoding it.
- Reauthors SVCD as DVD.
- Creates DVD image files from VIDEO_TS folders.
- Converts SRT subtitles to DVD Studio Pro 1.5 format.
- Creates AVI or MPG files with two audio tracks.
- Authors as VCD or K/XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by
dropping the .bin into VCD window).
- Authors as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in
Toast under Multitrack XA window).
- Authors as DVD (/DVD/ folder for burning in Toast DVD mode, and .img file for burning in
Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).