FasType Typing Tutorial
FasType is a Microsoft Windows typing tutorial for computer novices and enthusiasts who want to
improve their typing skills on PCs. FasType shows a 3D keyboard image and uses keyboard animation
and sizable/color fonts to prompt typist to type correct keys. Has FreeStyle Typing, a text editor,
timed exercises, letter patterns, and more.
You can begin by selecting drills that acquaint you with the basics of the main typing area of the keyboard.
Then, using disk-stored exercises, you can learn to increase your speed and accuracy with two-handed touch-typing
by typing words, phrases, and sentences. With an exact image of the keyboard display on the screen, you'll learn to
type quickly without looking at the real keyboard. After learning to touch-type letters, numbers, and special characters,
you can go on to advanced speed and accuracy exercises.
FasType is ideal for use in a private at-home environment too, Feedback is constant, the status bar shows your progress
dynamically as you type. Inexpensive school network and corporate training center Multi-User licenses are available.
- Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium or similar processor
- 64MB RAM
|File Size:||3.78 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $25.00 to buy|
FasType Typing Tutorial can do for you :
- FasType can help teach you the basic skills of touch-typing on the standard QWERTY keyboard.
Whether you're a beginner, a hunt 'n pecking typist, or an experienced typist who needs to refresh
your typing skills, you can use FasType to improve your touch-typing skills by following the open-ended
and self-paced drills and exercises.
- FasType can help you to touch-type without looking at the keyboard.
- FasType will help increase your typing speed and improve your accuracy.
- FreeStyle Typing - Type anything you want; excellent tool for student or employee testing.
- FreeStyle Edit Mode - Use it as a text editor; create and save your own typing practice files.
- Timed Exercises - Available for all typing exercises including FreeStyle Typing.
- Create Your Own Exercises - Customize your learning experience; create standardized tests for yourself or your students.
- Student Logins - Students and users have their own directory for settings and typing statistics; optional password protection.
- SyncCheck - Automatically corrects for "off-by-one" while typing exercises.
- Left Hand / Right Hand - Set Beginner Drills specifically for either or both hands.
- Change Text Fonts - Sizes and colors too; helpful for sight-impaired typists.
- Print Typing History - Select all or a portion of typing history to print; sort ascending or descending on any column.
- Review and Print Exercises - Review and print the results of your drill or exercise showing all errors.
- Export Typing History - Create an Excel spreadsheet or a delimited-file for import to other tabulating programs.
- Comprehensive User Guide - (CD-ROM only) 155 pages in .PDF format, includes the Adobe Acrobat Document Reader.
- Auxiliary Typing Exercises - Use these files for the "Type Your Own" feature.
- Keyboard Helpers - Hidden keys, metronome, outline home keys, and more.
- 2 Spaces at End of Sentence - Inserts 2 spaces at end of sentences.
- Error Condition Options - You can 'Correct', 'Stop On', or 'Set Threshold' for typing errors.
- Preview - Examine the full exercise before typing.
- Help - Extensive on-line Help system.