WinSSHD - Secure Windows Remote Access
WinSSHD provides secure remote login capabilities to Windows workstations and servers. Security is WinSSHD's key feature: in contrast with Telnet and FTP servers, WinSSHD encrypts data during transmission. Thus, no one can sniff your password or see what files you are transferring when you access your computer through WinSSHD.
WinSSHD is ideal for remote administration of Windows servers; for advanced users who wish to access their home machine from work, or their work machine from home; as well as for a wide spectrum of advanced tasks, such as establishing a VPN using WinSSHD's TCP/IP tunneling feature, or providing a secure file depository using WinSSHD's SFTP.
- Windows NT4, 2000, XP, and 2003
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||3.72 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $99.95 to buy|
WinSSHD is our SSH Secure Shell 2 server for Windows NT4, 2000, XP, and 2003. It supports the following SSH services:
You can try out WinSSHD risk-free. To begin, download the installation executable - you will find the
download links on this page. After installing, you are free to evaluate WinSSHD for up to 30 days.
- Secure remote access via console (vt100, xterm and bvterm supported)
- Secure remote access via GUI (WinVNC or XP Remote Desktop required)
- Secure file transfer using SFTP and SCP (compatible with all major clients)
- Secure TCP/IP connection tunneling (port forwarding)
Professional-Grade SSH Server :
We continue to invest great amounts of effort to make sure we create the best SSH software we can. These are some of the important features that make WinSSHD special:
- Ease of use: WinSSHD was written specifically for the Windows platform so that it is easy to install and configure. In a regular Windows environment, it will work immediately upon installation with no configuring.
- Unlimited connections: WinSSHD imposes no limits on the number of users who can connect. It will accept as many simultaneous connections as you need!
- Windows groups: WinSSHD 4 natively supports configurability through Windows groups. No need to define account settings for each Windows account individually. WinSSHD knows what groups a user is in and, if configured, will use appropriate Windows group settings.
- Speed: WinSSHD is one of the fastest SSH servers available. With Tunnelier, SFTP file transfer speeds of up to 5 MB/s (megabytes per second) can be obtained.
- Single sign-on: WinSSHD 4 supports GSSAPI-enabled Kerberos 5 key exchange, as well as NTLM and Kerberos 5 user authentication.
This means that, using Tunnelier or another compatible GSSAPI-enabled client, any user in the same Windows domain, or a trusted one, can log into WinSSHD without having to verify the server's host key fingerprint, and without even having to supply a password! Using Windows group-based settings, the user's account doesn't even have to be configured in WinSSHD
- Virtual accounts: want to set up an SFTP server with many users, but don't want to create and manage 1000 Windows accounts? No problem. WinSSHD supports virtual accounts, created in WinSSHD Settings, backed by the identity of one or more Windows accounts. WinSSHD settings for these accounts are also configurable on a virtual group basis.
- bvterm: in conjunction with our Tunnelier SSH client, WinSSHD provides you with the best console available on the Windows platform. Our bvterm protocol supports the full spectrum of a Windows console's features: colors, Unicode characters, and large scrollable buffers. Of course, WinSSHD also supports standard protocols such as VT-100 and xterm.
- Flexibility: most WinSSHD features can be configured individually on a per-account basis from the user-friendly WinSSHD Control Panel. Using our Tunnelier SSH client, the WinSSHD Control Panel can be accessed and configured through the same user-friendly interface from any remote location.
- Server-side forwarding: with WinSSHD and Tunnelier, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
- Scriptable settings: Using the supplied wcfg utility, all settings can also be configured from a text file, from a script or interactively from the command-line. Settings can also be configured programmatically through the WinsshdCfgManip COM object.
- Multi-site support: WinSSHD supports multiple simultaneous, independent installations on the same server for customers needing completely separate sites for different groups of users. Multiple WinSSHD versions can run concurrently, installed on separate sites. (A version prior to 4.10 will occupy the 'default' site.)
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR WINSSHD - SECURE WINDOWS REMOTE ACCESS |
- IE Secure Master
Keep your PC running faster, cleaner, and secure with IE Secure Master
- Max Secure AnonySurf
Max Secure AnonySurf Keeps your IP, or Internet address, unlisted so you can surf the Internet without being tracked and keep your online activities private
- FTP Broker
powerful FTP server for efficient, fast and secure file transfer on the internet/intranet
- McAfee Personal Firewall Plus
McAfee Personal Firewall Plus safeguards your PC's connection to the Internet, gives you the powerful tools to both control and monitor communication in and out of your PC
- Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5.5
provides a multi-layered shield of network, content, application, and operating system protection for your PC
- Remote Office Manager
is the fast tool for remote access and interactive system administration
- Softros LAN Messenger
is a secure LAN messaging software application for an effective office communication.
is the professional tool to automate FTP and secure FTP transfers.
- MDBSecure 2008
is a database security software which makes it easy to create secure MS Access Databases.