Universal Shield - Hide and password-protect folders and set access rights.
Universal Shield is the ultimate protection tool for your computer — hide files, folders, and drives,
and set access rules using flexible security combinations for your most precious data.
A unique feature of Universal Shield is the perfect combination of data hiding and encrypting. The program
has been especially designed to be the most flexible security tool on the market, suitable both for home use
and in corporate environments. Password-protect your data, program start-up, or program uninstall. Secure your
data not only from local users, but network and Internet users as well. The new version also contains a wizard,
which includes an option of restricting personal folders and settings, as well as files/folders/drives protection,
a hiding expert, and a data encryption master.
- Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000
- 128 MB RAM
|License:||Free to try, $34.95 to buy|
Key Features of Universal Shield:
- Ability to hide files, folders, or drives from all other users (including the administrator).
- Encrypts files and folders.
- A mask that allows you to hide file groups (for example, c:\*.doc).
- Ability to set permissions (Read, Write, Visibility, Delete) for any files, folders, and drives. For example, you can make your files Read Only and make it impossible to delete them.
- An access lock on your private folders and settings (My Documents, Favorites, Control Panel, Internet History, and so forth).
- A protection wizard.
- Password protection for files, folders, and drives.
- Unlimited number of objects to protect.
- Access restrictions on your data against local network users as well as Internet users.
- Password-protected start of Universal Shield.
- Password-protected uninstall of Universal Shield.
- Use of hot keys to start Universal Shield and to change the protection mode from other Windows applications.
- Trusted processes that allow you to specify the process that can override the protection.
- Stealth Mode that allows you to hide the program from other people.
- Ability to lock your Windows desktop so that users cannot delete, add, or modify the shortcuts and icons on your desktop.
- Adds files and folders via an Explorer menu command.
- Enables protection automatically if the computer has been idle.
- Protects files and folders even in Windows Safe Mode.
- High-level protection.
- High performance rates.
- Multilingual interface.
- Support of FAT, FAT32, and NTFS systems.
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR UNIVERSAL SHIELD |
- Personal Data Vault
The Personal Data Vault (PDV) is your secure, encrypted, password-protected folder
- Hide Secret Files
a security product based on an unequalled data hiding method
- Instant Lock - Lock and hide folders
folder lock software to Lock and hide folders in Windows XP 2000 NT 98. Security tool for hiding files & folders
- MS Money Password Recovery
will display lost passwords to password-protected .mny files. All passwords are decrypted instantly.
- File Security Manager
powerful application, used to manage file and folder permissions Access control in Windows XP Home Edition
is a multi-user and password-based access control utility that enhances and complements the Windows built-in logon and authentication system.
- Ms Access Decrypte
is a program to recover lost or forgotten password for Microsoft Access.
- Office Password Remover
Password remover for MS Word and Excel docs.