Tunnelier - SSH Terminal, Tunneling, File Transfer Client
Tunnelier is a fast, robust, easy to use SSH client for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 and 98/Me
with flexible TCP/IP tunneling support; auto-reconnect features; an advanced graphical SFTP file transfer client
and scriptable console-mode SFTP support; an FTP-to-SFTP protocol bridge; support for single-click Remote Desktop
forwarding for graphical server access; and support for the vt100, xterm and bvterm terminal console.
Tunnelier is ideal for remote server administration using SSH and implements a complete set of features
enabling you to do so - from file transfer to secure Remote Desktop and TCP port forwarding.
Tunnelier supports all SSH servers, however it is even more powerful when connecting to
WinSSHD - also available from bestshareware.net for a free 30-day evaluation.
Download Now 4.20 MB
Buy Now $34.95 USD
- Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||4.20 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $34.95 to buy|
Free* SSH file transfer, terminal and tunneling!
Tunnelier is our SSH and SFTP client for Windows which incorporates:
Since version 3.60, Tunnelier is free for individual use, as well as for limited use inside organizations.
To begin, simply download the installation executable - you will find the download links on our download page.
Check the Tunnelier license to see if you can use it free of charge or whether a right of use needs to be
purchased for your environment.
- one of the most advanced graphical SFTP clients;
- state-of-the-art terminal emulation with support for the bvterm, xterm, and vt100 protocols;
- support for corporation-wide single sign-on using SSPI (GSSAPI) Kerberos 5 and NTLM user authentication, as well as Kerberos 5 host authentication;
- support for RSA and DSA public key authentication with comprehensive user keypair management;
- powerful SSH port forwarding capabilities, including dynamic forwarding through integrated SOCKS and HTTP CONNECT proxy;
- powerful command-line parameters which make Tunnelier highly costumizable and suitable for use in specific situations and controlled environments;
- an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client (sftpc);
- a scriptable command-line remote execution client (sexec) and a command-line terminal emulation client (stermc);
- an FTP-to-SFTP bridge allowing you to connect to an SFTP server using legacy FTP applications;
- WinSSHD remote administration features;
- single-click Remote Desktop forwarding.
Graphical SFTP File Transfers
Tunnelier also incorporates an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client.
- Tunnelier incorporates what we believe is one of the most advanced SFTP file transfer clients, with support for the following:
- automatic resuming, text file awareness, recursive subdirectory transfers;
- powerful, advanced transfer list management;
- high speed - up to 5 MB/s when connected to a WinSSHD server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting;
- fast responsiveness to user input even when in the middle of multiple file transfers.
Terminal Access - Remote Console
Tunnelier provides integrated access to the SSH server's console, either via VT-100 and xterm protocols supported by most
SSH servers on any platform, or via the enhanced bvterm protocol supported by WinSSHD:
Tunnelier also incorporates a command line terminal emulation client, stermc, as well as a command-line remote
execution client (sexec).
- all terminal emulation is done in a regular Windows console, using standard Windows fonts, supporting standard settings
for Windows consoles;
- UTF support with VT-100 and xterm, Unicode support with bvterm (full Unicode support on NT-series Windows platforms);
- full color support with xterm and bvterm;
- support for large screen buffers, all key combinations including Alt-keys and accurate console rendering with bvterm
(fully accurate on NT-series Windows platforms).
That's right! When using Tunnelier to connect to a GSSAPI-enabled SSH server in the same or a trusted Windows domain,
you can let Kerberos 5 (or on older platforms, NTLM) perform the server as well as user authentication for you,
without you having to wiggle a toe! No manual host key verification; no management of user passwords and public keys.
Just tell Tunnelier which SSH server in the domain to connect to, and if that server is WinSSHD version 4 or another
server with compatible support for GSSAPI, the two programs will authenticate and establish a secure connection
Tunnelier as a Port Forwarding Client
Tunnelier is a powerful SSH2 port forwarding client with many features, including:
- Dynamic tunneling via integrated proxy supporting SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, SOCKS5 and HTTP CONNECT proxy tunneling protocols. Configure your applications to connect to target hosts through Tunnelier's proxy, and no manual tunneling rules need be configured.
- How to set up programs for dynamic tunneling: Firefox, IE; with these settings in Tunnelier.
- Port forwarding settings can be saved to and loaded from a profile. One can maintain multiple complex tunneling configurations without having to manually enter parameters before each session.
- Tunnelier minimizes its presence by displaying only a system tray icon when running in the background. If an error is encountered while the program is minimized, the icon reflects that.
- Server-side forwarding: with WinSSHD and Tunnelier, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
- Command-line parameters are supported. Using command-line automation, a port forwarding session can be started from a link in the Startup menu without requiring any user interaction whatsoever. Help with the command-line parameters can be found in the Tunnelier log area when it is first started, or by executing 'Tunnelier /?' from a command prompt.
- After an SSH session is established, any external application can be launched automatically.
- If an SSH session is interrupted, Tunnelier can automatically reconnect to the server.
Run 'tunnelier -?' for a list of command-line parameters providing flexibility to:
Command-Line SFTP Client
- make Tunnelier load a profile and connect immediately on startup and exit on disconnect using the -profile, -loginOnStartup and -exitOnLogout parameters;
- make Tunnelier hide portions of its user interface (main window, authentication messages, access to SSH features) using the -hide and -menu parameters;
- run Tunnelier from removable media and prevent it from making any changes to the Windows registry - and yet use public key authentication and verify host keys using the -noRegistry, -keypairFile and -hostKeyFile parameters;
Tunnelier incorporates sftpc, an advanced command-line SFTP client which supports:
Command-Line Remote Execution Client
- queued background transfers so you can continue browsing directories while a file downloads ('get * -bg');
- powerful command-line parameters for automated scripted transfers launched from a batch file or an external program;
- automatic text file conversion when transferring files between platforms (the 'type' command);
- wildcards - the * and ? wildcard characters can match more than one file;
- recursive transfers - a simple 'get * -s' downloads all files and subdirectories;
- resume support - 'get file.txt -r' resumes a previously downloaded file if it already exists;
- high speed - up to 5 MB/s when connected to a WinSSHD server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting.
- Usage: after installing Tunnelier, get this help by executing 'sftpc -h'
- Command list: after installing Tunnelier, get this help by executing 'help' and 'help ' from within an established SFTP session
- The 'log' utility can be used with sftpc to store the output of each individual SFTP session in a separate, uniquely named log file for auditing.
Tunnelier incorporates sexec, a scriptable command-line remote execution client which can be used
to securely execute programs on remote machines from a batch file. The batch file can perform actions based
on the exit code reported from the remote program, and can capture the remote program's output for processing
by simple redirection of sexec output.
Another command-line program included with Tunnelier, stermc, conveniently opens an SSH terminal emulation
session with xterm, VT-100 and bvterm support in the same Command Prompt window it is started from.
If you SSH from computer A to computer B running WinSSHD, and you also have Tunnelier installed on computer B,
you can use stermc to conveniently establish an onward SSH terminal session to computer C.
All Tunnelier command-line clients support all authentication methods supported by Tunnelier, can load settings
from a Tunnelier profile, work with the same user keypair and host key database as the graphical Tunnelier client does,
can connect through a SOCKS or HTTP CONNECT proxy, and support a common set of command-line parameters controlling
most aspects of establishing an SSH connection.
Third-party programs can support most of these same capabilities by using sshlib, our C++ library for writing
high-performance, professional, reliable SSH clients and servers.
Tunnelier incorporates an FTP-to-SFTP bridge which performs translation between the FTP and SFTP protocols,
allowing any FTP client application to connect securely to an SFTP server through Tunnelier.
Both active mode and passive mode FTP data connections are supported, as well as restarted transfers,
directory listings and other features. All FTP clients should be able to list directories and transfer files
across Tunnelier's FTP-to-SFTP bridge, including integrated clients in applications such as DreamWeaver,
GUI clients such as BulletProof FTP, and command line clients such as the default ftp.exe client accompanying Windows.
Tunnelier with WinSSHD
When connected to WinSSHD, Tunnelier can do all of the above, as well as the following:
- bvterm console: when connected to WinSSHD, Tunnelier provides you with the
best console available on the Windows platform. Our bvterm protocol supports the full spectrum of a Windows console's features:
colors, Unicode characters, all-key access and large scrollable buffers.
- remote server configuration: using Tunnelier, all WinSSHD settings can
be configured remotely as
if you were sitting in front of the server itself. The server's event log can also be remotely viewed and managed.