Quantum FX for Mac
Quantum FX for Mac is an easy to use modular audio effects system, for building VST and Audio Unit plug-ins. It comes
with a large library of ready to use professional effects. With the Quantum FX visual workbench, you can create
unlimited numbers of additional effects.
Quantum FX for Mac is two great packages in one: an instant pro audio toolkit and a modular effects builder to create
the plug-ins of your dreams.
At every stage of the creative process, Quantum FX gives you the tools and effects you need to achieve great sounds
and produce great music. It also gives you immediate access to db audioware's renowned audio DSP technology, proved
in demanding professional applications over many years.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- G4 1GHz or better
- Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or better
|File Size:||13.4 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $299.00 to buy|
Key Features of Quantum FX for Mac:
- 57 ready-to-use effects plug-ins
- easy to use effects building environment
- huge library of high quality audio DSP building blocks
- oscilloscope and spectrum analyser for in-depth visualisation of plug-in operation
- VST and Audio Units versions of all plug-ins, with automation
- fully customisable graphics for plug-in GUIs with support for animated controls/meters and realistic shadowing
- sidechain operation independent of host software capability
- full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
- cross-platform: PC Windows and Mac OS X Universal
- online Effects Library to share plug-in designs
- Universal Sidechains
In multi-track audio applications, side-chaining is a powerful technique for controlling effects in one track
using audio from a different track. Quantum FX incorporates db audioware's Universal Sidechains functionality that
lets you side-chain in most multi-track hosts, even if the host software itself does not have that native capability.
Quantum FX is supplied with two side-chaining factory effects: SideDyn (a compressor/gate combo) and ChainSaw
(a dual channel resonant filter). You can also build side-chaining into your own plug-in designs using dedicated
DSP building block modules in the Quantum FX Workbench.
- MIDI Control
On-screen controls are very flexible, but there are times when hardware knobs, sliders and keys are a far more
natural interface. Quantum FX lets you control plug-ins using your favourite external MIDI control surface, keyboard
or pedals. And thanks to db audioware's easy-to-use MIDI Learn functionality, it's simple to associate any on-screen
control with the optimum hardware control.
- Effects Library
If you don't want to use the factory effects or build your own using the workbench, you can download new ones
from our online effects library. The library is open to all registered Quantum FX owners, so when you buy Quantum
FX, you continue to get great new effects for free!