Mac to PC Software solution to automatically rename Macintosh files removing illegal
characters and adding the three characters extension to filenames on a
Windows NT, 2000 or XP Server to facilitate file types detection and use on Windows machines.
It lets you quickly prepare files created with Macintosh computers and
stored on a WinNT , Windows 2000 or Windows XP Server volume for use in
a Windows computer as well as shortening Windows long file names for an
easy use by a Macintosh: can truncate windows filenames longer than 31
characters . Convert Mac files to PC via a periodic scan of specified
folders in interactive Windows application use or Windows service mode
use to ensure file names compatibility and cross-platform integration.
Does make using Mac files on PC easier: conversion mode takes the illegal
characters and turns them into a"-" underscores or any valid
Windows character you choose; Windows will identify the appropriate applications
associated with renamed files and detects file types. The conversion table
can be extended with your custom Mac to PC translations.
MacNames helps you in Windows-Macintosh cross-platform integration adding
Macintosh extensions to win 2000 server in particular migrating documents
from Macintosh to Windows NT/2000, renaming multiple files to remove trailing
periods and forward slashes.
- Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003 server, Vista
- Pentium II CPU
- 256 MB RAM
|License:||Free to try, $169.00 to buy|
- automated renaming process is on a Server instead of on a Macintosh Workstation
- there is no network overhead when converting and name cleaning Mac to PC
- MacNames checks continuously predefined folders to ensure file names compatibility and executes file mass rename
- when used as a Windows NT or 2000 or XP Service renaming files with illegal file names it increases productivity and is part of administrators toolkit focused on cross-platform needs.
- automatic translation for transfer of mac folders to windows xp
- Runs on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server
( MacNames will run on Windows 95/98/ME but this platform does not support Mac services )
- MacNames is also available as a Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 or Windows XP Service
- Supports Microsoft Services for Macintosh (MacFile),
Cyan Software MacServerIP or Group Logic ExtremeZ-IP .
- Option to include sub-folders in renaming processes.
- Mapping of illegal characters ( /, \, <, >, ?, *, etc.)
can be easily modified and will be used by the program to find and replace characters
that are correct on Mac platforms but not allowed on Windows machines.
- Correspondence table Signatures (Type/Creator) / Extensions
is easily editable for characters to use in name substitution
- Can truncate windows filenames longer than 31 characters ,
allowing to view these files from Macintosh more friendly than DOS shortnames (8+3).
- Can rename files and sub-folders
- Can analyze batches of Macintosh files signatures in selected folders.
- Setting time interval for update. Each folder can be
processed using its specific interval for update
- Setting performance
- Stores in Log files the list of files renamed.
- When a folder becomes unknown (folder removed or renamed,
lack a connection with a file server, etc.), MacNames can send different kind of warnings:
beep, display message, send a message to an administrator, messages in the Log, messages
in the Applications EventLog (when MacNames is running as a Windows NT service).
- Languages: English, French - Runs on Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 or Windows XP
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR MACNAMES |
- MP3 Tag Editor
MP3TagEditor is an intuitive audio utility that helps you to manage your MP3s, Edits ID3 tags, create MP3 filenames
- Ace Password Sniffer
is the most powerful and effetive password sniffer software and password monitoring utility.
- Expired Domain Sniffer
is really lots of programs in one! Many other software sellers have separated these functions into different programs, but our Expired Domain Sniffer combines them all into one program!
- Delete FXP Files - Lite Edition
provides you with a GUI method of deleting directories and filenames
- Quick File Rename
Quick File Rename renames your files and folders quickly and easily
- Advanced File Worker
is a powerful file management, rename and backup utility. You can perform any number of various file operations by pressing ONLY ONE button.
- ReplaceMagic Professional Edition
allows you to make scans and search&replace anywhere on your network
- VDrumLib For Mac OS X
makes it easy to copy, combine, rename, and rearrange your own kits with those from VExpressions Ltd
- Stellar Phoenix Word Recovery
is the advanced word repair program designed to Fixes and restores Damaged MS Word File
- Image for DOS/Linux
is drive image backup and restore software,is easily and quickly backup of your hard drive's data and operating system partitions
- Ana's Archiver
Ana's Archiver can easily Store images and other files in encrypted archives and view them conveniently.