LabHSM Toolkit (LabVIEW 7.1.1, Mac)
A Simpler and More Robust Way to Implement Non-Trivial Event-Driven Applications in LabVIEW™
LabHSM is a professionally designed toolkit that allows creating complex
event-driven LabVIEW™ application as an easily maintainable collection
of asynchronously communicating active objects ( actors ) based on a universal
Hierarchical State Machine ( HSM or statechart ) template. The LabHSM
toolkit enables the programmer to work on a higher level of abstraction
and utilize agile software development methodologies combining design
and coding in one highly flexible process.
- Mac OS X
- LabVIEW 7.1.1 for Mac
|License:||Free to try, $1279.71 to buy|
The LabHSM toolkit features:
- Active objects (a.k.a Actors) - much better and natural modeling of the real life objects than traditional OOP objects.
- Universal messaging system - post events to self, send them to another object on the same system or across the world.
- Powerful hierarchical state machine paradigm, free of the limitations of a traditional,
"flat" finite state machine, namely, combinatorial state space explosion and the lack of ability to
consider the behavior logic on different levels of abstraction.
- All the information about behavior of an active object is abstracted into a set of data structures
and stored in an external file - no spaghetti or deeply nested code anymore!
- Design is code! Modified behavior becomes code automatically as soon as the HSM file is saved.
- A universal template provides code structure that stays the same regardless of specific functionality.
So all the code has basically the same look and feel.
- The diagram structure does not have to change whenever you change the behavior.
- Squeeze more functionality into your VIs without creating more mess.
- Code reuse within the same VI. The same segments of code (actions) can be scheduled to run in
different transitions in a mix and match fashion, even more than once in a single transition if desired.
- Behavioral inheritance allows substates to define only differences in behavior from their superstates.
Inherit, augment actions, or completely override in a substate transitions defined in its superstates.
- Transitions can be defined to lead to the target state itself, its lowest default substate,
or its history or even deep history, which enables even more concise HSM description (fewer states needed).
- Ready to use external timer functions. Call a timer creation function
and let the timer send events to your active object just like other regular active objects do.
- Actions queue and a prioritized private Events queue provide a Run To Completion execution free of concurrency hazards.
- A separate public Message queue to ensure encapsulation principle is always observed.
- A powerful specialized editor for creating and modifying external behavior data files.
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR LABHSM TOOLKIT |
- The Wireless Toolkit
is a state-of-the-art toolbox for developing wireless applications
- Flow Diagrams Software
Flow Diagrams Software creates flow diagrams, organizational charts, program flowcharts and other business and technical diagrams rapidly
- EDraw Max
is a vector-based diagramming software with rich examples and templates.
- EDraw Network Diagrammer
is a professional network diagramming software with rich examples and templates.
- CoffeeCup PC TuneUp Pro
It is a collection of 12 system maintenance and optimization utilities to tune up your computers speed and stabilty.
- Event Manager
It is a simple, yet powerful Windows task scheduler, launcher and automation program ...
combines an event planner, organizer, utility quick launch option and smart system manager
- Panda TruPrevent Personal 2005
detects and blocks unknown viruses
- Security Center Lite
is network security software for real-time intrusion detection and prevention that helps to protect networks from potential intruders