History Explorer automatically saves a copy of the old file at every time you save a file,
so that you can overview and access old versions of files.
This simple functionality means that History Explorer has all the information it needs to let you access old versions
of your files. History Explorer looks and works much like Windows Explorer except it's designed to let you view the
history of your files.
History Explorer makes a local backup of your files, but isn't primarily for backing up your holiday photos, rather
it is for files that you work with and modify - Word documents, Presentations, text files, any kind of project files
and much more.
- Windows 8/7/XP/Vista
- 128 MB of RAM
|License:||Free to try, $19.95 to buy|
|Screenshot :||View Screenshot|
Key Features of History Explorer:
- You can now compare files. (Only works for text files not word documents etc.)
History Explorer will automatically detect what file comparison tool is installed on your computer and use it.
If you have a comparison tool that History Explorer doesn't detect you can manually specify it on the settings page.
- The tray menu now includes a list of recent files. Enabling you to easily access
the files you are working on at the moment. Here are the options you get on each recent file:
- Open History Explorer in the folder that contains the file
- Comment on the file version without opening History Explorer
- Remove the file version from the database
- We have added a tray notification window that is shown when ever:
- A file is saved
- A file isn't saved due to file size restrictions in your settings
- The database is bigger than the limit you have set in the settings
- The tray notifications can easily be enabled or disabled. And have been created with a lot of logic so that you won't get too many notifications even when working with a great amount of files.
- The tray notification window not only helps you see when files are saved it also:
- Lets you comment on the file version
- Lets you delete the file version
- Lets you open History Explorer at the right place
- We have added 2 settings that help you control how much data is actually saved in the database.
- You can now set a maximum number of file versions that should be saved for any file. Whenever the number of versions becomes too high the oldest file version will be removed from the database.
- You can also set a maximum number of days to save any file version. This means that History Explorer will constantly be cleaning the database for you.
- The zoom levels have been extended to include a 10 minute range enabling you to see changes by the second.
- When opening History Explorer it now opens in the folder that contains the most recently modified file.
- History Explorer now preserves the Window size from the last time the program was run.
| RELATED SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR HISTORY EXPLORER
- EzBackup Software
Automated Backup and Restore Software
xStarter is a tool with options to compress, run windows applications, copy files, send emails..
- Second Copy 7
is our award winning backup software.
- Easy Data Recovery
is a program designed for Scan disc drive of NTFS or FAT32 volumes to recover deleted files.
- GrabbyWindow Pro
a powerful IPTC editor provides you a lot of features, that makes IPTC editing easier.
- File Undelete
A professional, affordable do-it-yourself data undelete solution
- File SyncForce Powerbuilder
File SyncForce Powerbuilder performs file synchronization.
BackupChanges is automatic software for backup of changed or new files.
- Folder Armor
is Real Folder Protection software, protects your folders in Windows, DOS, and Safe modes, even when you change your OS or boot from a disk.
- File Server Migrator
automates the copying of data between Windows servers without agents or scripts.