Drum Queen is a VSTi drum machine with a highly sophisticated synthesis engine, that is able to produce
a wide range of wild crunchy percussive tones.
DQ continues the tradition of vintage drum machines, such as Roland TR 808/909 and Sequencial DrumTraks.
Like these old machines DQ is a drum synthesizer that makes no use of samples and all its sounds are
purely synthesized. But while DQ is certainly inspired by the drum machines named above, it is not trying
to emulate any of them. DQ offers you much more: based on advanced synthesis techniques,
it has the ability to produce a wide range of drum sounds that go far beyond any classic drum machine sounds.
- Windows 95 to Windows XP/Vista
- Processor Pentium 4/AMD 1500 MHz
- RAM 128 MB or better
- Host Application Cubase SX/SL, Nuendo (1.5 or higher)
or other VST 2.0 compatible host application.
|File Size:||3.60 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $49.95 to buy|
|Screenshot :||View Screenshot|
- With DQ you can easily tweak your drum sound to fit the demands of your song. Unlike what happens with sample processing, with DQ you can extremely shape your drum sound in a non-destructive way.
- DQ makes an extensive use of velocity to modify its sounds i.e. a harder hit can sound very different then a softer one. With Drum Queen any drum hit will sound different then the other, as most of us know happens when you hit a real drum, resulting a much more dynamic and natural drum sound. It will also help you avoid the unpleasant “shot-gun effect” while trying to make a nice snare roll.
- Drum Queen makes use of several synthesis techniques: subtractive, additive, FM, and physical modeling are all taking part in building and shaping amazing ear catching drum sounds.
- Drum Queen is built of 10 synthesizers, each of them was especially designed to produce a specific drum sound. Kick, Snare, Rim, Claps, Toms, High Hat, Ride, Crash, Bell, and Shaker sounds all have a dedicated synthesizer. These synthesizers are fully programmable, so you can tweak your kick or snare to sound exactly the way you want it to.
- Drum Queen's VSTi digital distortion and analog saturation are part of the synthesis process, resulting a variety of fresh drum sounds.
- Any drum sound has a separate output (10 outputs in total), so you will be able to process each drum individually in your host sequencer.
- Drum Queen is packed with not less then 75 drum kits: from amazing natural acoustic drum sounds to heavy distorted electronic kits, Hip Hop claps and weird snares- DRUM QUEEN HAS IT ALL!
- Enhanced control of instruments' sound. All sounds are fully programmable
- Synthesizer for each drum sound, with a total of 10 synthesizers
- Extensive use of velocity to add a natural feel to the instruments
- Separate output for each instrument
- 75 Drum Kits are included.