AVG AntiVirus Free Edition
Free protection against viruses, worms and trojans, AVG AntiVirus Free Edition is the well-known antivirus protection tool,
ideal for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. (Use of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition = within any organization or for commercial
purposes is strictly prohibited.)
Join the millions of satisfied customers worldwide who have downloaded the software and now enjoy the benefits of
Version 8.5.325 includes improved virus detection based on better heuristics and NTFS data streams scanning;
a smaller installation and update files; and an improved user interface. The newest version is also compatible
with Windows Vista.
- Windows 7/Vista/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||5.31 MB|
What you get with AVG AntiVirus Free Edition?
What you do not get24x7 Technical Support
- Easy to install and use
- Real-time antivirus protection of files and e-mails
- Maximum security - recent certifications include VB100%, ICSA, and West Coast Labs Checkmark
- Regular and automatic database and program updates
- Windows and Linux
- And most of all ... great customer satisfaction!
However, all benefits and much more are available with AVG AntiVirus Professional Edition,
AVG Anti-Malware, and AVG Internet Security.
- Fastest updates
- Multiple languages
- Detailed settings
- Consent for commercial use.
Key Features of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition :
Some Limitations :
- 100% virus detection - AVG's scanning engine has received numerous awards for its excellent detection of "in the wild" viruses, including the VB100% award. Its unique combination of detection methods provides full protection against viruses, worms, and trojans.
- Full on-access protection - The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It also prevents the opening or executing of infected files.
- Full e-mail protection - The AVG Personal E-mail Scanner checks every e-mail sent or received, providing full protection from e-mail-borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients, including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora, and all other SMTP/POP3-based e-mail clients, such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
- Automatic threat handling - AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files and other threats such as trojans and worms.
- Less protection - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition does not detect potentially unwanted programs.
- No 64-bit and server support - AVG AntiVirus Free Edition cannot be installed on server
operating systems (such as Windows Server 2003), nor can it be used for the scanning of network drives.
Also Windows XP Pro x64 edition is not supported.
- No customization - Scheduling options in the AVG AntiVirus Free Edition are very limited
(only one scheduled update per day, one scheduled scan per day etc.). Also the Resident Shield configuration
is limited with no exclusion settings. AVG AntiVirus Free Edition does not offer advanced testing options,
password-protected archives reporting, adjustment of scan process priority and many other features.
- Slower updates - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition receives updates via a lower priority service.
Priority updating via high-speed servers is only available for commercial versions.
- No technical support!
- AVG AntiVirus Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. Use of AVG Free within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
- AVG AntiVirus Free Edition is absolutely not for use with any type of OEM bundling with software, hardware components, or any service.
- Your use of AVG AntiVirus Free Edition shall be in accordance with and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition License Agreement that accompanies AVG Free.
- If you are interested in commercial use, free technical support, or other benefits oprovided as part of commercial versions of AVG, please refer to AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition.