DJ Jukebox is a powerful song playlist generator and media file manager that help you to
managing a song library and generating playlists.
Each song can be assigned a rating so that favorites are played more often,
or that an unwanted song is never played.
Once all of the songs are rated, DJ Jukebox will generate playlists with the perfect mix
of great songs, good songs, and some average songs. The repetition prevention feature
ensures that the playlist is always fresh.
Powerful file management tools can easily manage their song library.
rename or move song files and entire directories.
A global search and replace operation can be performed on all song filenames.
A click of the mouse can send keystrokes, playing instructions, and volume changes
to the server's media player.
DJ Jukebox supports all media players, all media file types, commercials, repetition prevention,
and much more!
- Windows 7/Vista/2000/XP
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||5.83 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $15.00 USD to buy|
Key Features of DJ Jukebox:
- Playlist Generator
DJ Jukebox will generate random lists of songs which can be delivered to a media player such as Winamp. You can rate each song (on a scale of 0-100) if you want to ensure that your favorites are chosen more often. A rating of 0 will prevent the song from being played altogether.
- File Management
DJ Jukebox maintains a list of each song and its rating in the "Song Table". From this table, you can easily rename songs, delete songs, or change their rating.
DJ Jukebox can rename or move an entire directory. The Song Table is automatically updated to reflect the new song locations. You can preview a description of exactly what the operation is going to do before it is carried out.
DJ Jukebox can also perform a text search and replace operation on the Song Table. Again, the song files can be automatically renamed when a change is made.
- Remote Control
DJ Jukebox can listen for commands from another copy of DJ Jukebox located on a local area network (LAN). You can even program keystrokes to be sent to the server with the click of a button. This gives you complete remote control over the media player.
The remote control feature is great when you have a dedicated entertainment server. DJ Jukebox can be set to start automatically during bootup and begin listening for remote commands. This means that the server does not even need a monitor!
DJ Jukebox can insert commercials in between songs. The commercials can be any type of media file that the media player supports. The average number of commercials per song can be adjusted, and individual commercials can be assigned a frequency rating that determines how often they are chosen.
- Repetition Prevention
When DJ Jukebox generates a playlist, it can make sure that songs do not get repeated too often. It can also ensure that no two consecutive songs are from the same album or artist, or have the same name.
- The information about your song collection is stored in a "Project" file. You can keep as many of these projects on your hard drive as you wish. You can also import songs from one project to another.
- All songs on your hard drive can be added to the Song Table in one simple step.
- There are two ratings columns: one for when you are alone, and one for when you have guests.
- Songs that were not recorded properly can be marked as "bad". This allows you to prevent the song from being chosen for a playlist without removing it from the song table.
- The song table can be checked for errors, such as a nonexistent file or illegal rating.
- The songs can be located on a network computer (no drive mapping is required).
- If you have a separate entertainment server, it can be shut down remotely. If the server has a network card with the Wake On LAN feature, it can be powered up remotely.
- Playlists can be saved for later retrieval.
- Identical songs can be identified and deleted.
- The complete list of artists, albums, and songs can be printed.
- The Remote Control feature can be incorporated into third-party programs. The help file describes the syntax of all commands and explains how they can be sent to a DJ Jukebox server.
- You can generate and play playlists with a command line parameter. This is especially useful in creating Desktop
- Works with all versions of Windows® 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, and 7.