CombiMovie is freeware which can combine two or more mpg/mpeg files into a single continuous mpg file.
It works very fast, almost as fast as copying the files itself! Suitable for digital camera or internet movies.
- Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium II CPU
- 64 MB RAM
|File Size:||362 KB|
- CombiMovie should be used to combine only files with the same characteristics (same dimension, compression method, color depth etc). CombiMovie will not check whether these are true before joining, but off course you may try to join two different characteristics of movie, and see what happens. In many cases it will still be running.
- Solved in version 1.1. CombiMovie is made with speed in mind, and to achieve that each files which will be combined are read in first into memory before further processing. After writing the data chunk, the memory will be free for the next file etc. Base on this fact, considering to limit your to be combined files each not to be more than
8 mb. On the other hand, the total size is practically limited only by the hard-drive space.
- I haven't made CombiMovie to check first for the available space before it proceeds.
- CombiMovie can not join AVI or ASF movie format.
- Solved in version 1.1. You can not change the order of sequence through the interface. The only way available is by renaming it (make copies first) to match the sequence that you expect. I haven't had any time to add this feature yet.