The C++ Editor is a text editor for C++ programmers with color syntax highlighting.
Editor's main purpose is to edit source code outside the IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
with multiple opened copies of program, when programmer needs to find, replace or compare source code.
- Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium or similar processor
- 64MB RAM
|File Size:||253 KB|
|License:||Free to try, $15.00 to buy|
- Standard editor features such as cut, copy, paste, select all, delete, undo, find and replace.
- Extended Find and Replace includes language C++ syntax and additional options including test of characters located before and after expression.
- Enhanced features contain simplified method of strings input. Just simply double click a word (or select it) and press F5 or F6 to begin search backward or forward. To reverse recent mistaken replace operation Exchange button was designed (see Replace dialog box).
- Syntax color highlighting means, that colors can be chosen for each of: code, keywords, background, preprocessor directives, strings and numbers, comment, selection, syntax mistakes, bookmarks.
- Selection V-moving. Selected text can be moved to another place as Drag and Drop operation. This is a standard feature.
- Selection H-moving. Block of selected text can be moved horizontally with a one space precision. This is a new feature not realized in most editors.
- Bookmarks saving - up to 24 bookmarks can be saved for a file in a recent file list.
- Soft file reloading - this means, that after a file was reloaded, the cursor and vertical scroll bar can stay unchanged if size of file from the disk was not changed greatly.
- File transfer to: Microsoft VC environment, Borland C++ IDE (and must be extended later).
- ANSI to OEM and OEM to ANSI character set conversion. Only selected text can be converted.
- Auto-save on exit. When program terminates due to operating system exit and user's file is not saved, C++ Editor saves the current file with an extension .exit.
- Auto-load on system start. The program will be auto loaded in a new Windows session if C++ Editor has been active during system termination.
- File property editing. Some of files attributes of current file can be edited.
- Colors of dialog boxes can be customized.