Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite
Modern Windows applications are very complicated "beasts". They include large numbers of files that are
often saved in many different places, not just in the application's own program directory.
In addition to this they also have even larger numbers of settings, sometimes hundreds,
which they record in Windows' central database, which is known as the Windows® Registry.
Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite works by creating two "snapshots" of your system,
one before you install an application and another one directly afterwards. These snapshots
record the entire status of your computer system, including all registry entries, the locations,
dates, sizes and versions of all files and the contents of all configuration files.
After creating the second snapshot the program then compares it with the first and records all the
differences in a special file called an "installation log file", or "log file" for short.
When you tell Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite to uninstall the application it loads this log file
and uses the information it contains to restore everything on your system to the way it was before you
installed the application.
- Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- Pentium II CPU
- 256 MB RAM
|File Size:||6.01 MB|
|License:||Free to try, $49.99 to buy|
Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite Features:
- Drag & Drop Desktop Uninstaller
- Reinstaller in case you change your mind
- Enhanced installer identification
- Start Menu Cleaner
- Internet Explorer Add-Ons Manager
- Windows Services Manager
- Easy Mod.
- Expert Mode.
- Internet Cleanup.
- Delete Duplicate Files.
- Delete Empty Folders.
- Delete Temp Files.
- Font Management.
- UnInstall Watcher.
- The user interface has been thoroughly revised and modernized, making the program even easier to use.
Our designers have managed to combine a stylish, attractive appearance with extremely intuitive operation.
This is no small feat, and the result is a truly high-end product that represents yet another impressive
milestone in software history by Ashampoo.
- A growing number of modern programs can be modified with add-ons, plug-ins and patches.
The new Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite now allows you to log changes like these with
supplementary records that are added to existing installation logs.
- The new list option gives you clear information on the modifications made to your computer system
by a program installation. And the integrated print function allows you to print out a record of the changes
to file for future reference.
- If you install a lot of programs on your system it’s easy for the collection of installation logs to get out of hand.
The new Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite also has a solution for this problem: You can now choose the path for your
installation logs so that you can organize them more efficiently.
- Sometimes you may not want to log an installation with Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite.
In addition to cancelling the program’s log prompt as in the past you can now also add the installation
program to a white list, so that you will not be asked to log it if you ever run it again in the future.
The white list is fully editable and can be changed at any time.