|Make BestShareware.net your home page||Add BestShareware.net to your favorites|
|MAC Games | Linux Games | Pocket PC Games | Games under $10 | Free Games|
AcidSpider for Windows
Acid Spider is based on the popular Spider style solitaire card game. All Acid Spider 1-suit, 2-suit and 4-suit games are winnable.
The goal of Acid Spider is to win every game. If you don't win the first time, undo your moves and try again. Acid Spider keeps track of every move you make. Advanced hint system allows you to cycle through possible moves and request hints as needed. Track various stats as you play and try to keep your Win Percentage at 100%!
Acid Spider includes a step-by-step tutorial to walk through the basics. Perfect for beginners or anyone looking to improve their strategy.
Basic Spider Rules:
Each home cell will hold a stack of one suit of cards. Only a complete stack of cards, King through Ace, can move to the home cell. Individual cards can't move to the home cells on their own.
There are 104 cards in Acid Spider - more that one deck. This means you will see multiple cards with the same number and suit when playing. If you are playing 1-suit Acid Spider, all cards will have the same suit - but there will still be 104 cards in play.
When a new game is started, the cards will be dealt into ten columns. Cards that are not dealt are available in the Deck Stack in the upper-left. To move a card, single-click or double-click on it and it will move to the best destination. You can also drag and drop cards to where you want it to go.
The goal is to move all cards to the eight home cells. Home cell stacks each contain one full suit of cards. No cards will move to a home cell until a complete set (King through Ace) is created in the playfield. When a complete set is made, all 13 cards in that set will atuomatically move to a home cell.
You may move cards according to these rules:
1. Cards must be placed in descending -value order. Any 3 can be placed on any 4, for example regardless of suit.
2. Multiple cards can be moved if they are in descending value order, and if their suits all match.
3. Any movable cards can be moved to an empty column.
4. A full suit of 13 cards, King through Ace, will move to a home cell automatically. The only way to get any cards to a home cell is by creating a complete set of cards of the same suit, in descending order.
5. You may deal cards at any time. Ten cards will be dealt at a time, one to each column.
Enjoy Acid Spider - once you get the hang of it, you will not be able to stop playing!
View a Step-by-Step Demo
A step-by-step tutorial is available to provide information on how to play the game. To access the tutorial, click the Menu Button and then select show me how to play from the main menu.
The tutorial will walk through an in-progress game and explain how to play. Simply read each dialog box and click the show me button after each step to watch the demo.
To speed up the demo, you can click on the game screen and the cards will move faster.
Click or Drag to Move Cards
Acid Spider Collection offers three ways for you to move cards.
To change the move mode, click the Menu Button and then select options from the main menu.
Drag Only : Use your mouse to drag cards to the best location.
Double-Click : Double click on the card you want to move and it will automatically move to the best location.
Single-Click : Click once on the card you want to move and it will automatically move to the best location.
Undo a Move
Undo your last move or undo all the way back to the beginning of the game. You can set the number of "Undos Allowed" from none to unlimited in the Options menu. Every move, including undo and redo moves are saved. If you return to a game that you have already played, you can undo and redo your previous moves.
There are several ways you can undo a move.
1. Click on the undo button in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
2. Press the up arrow on the keyboard.
3. Press the u key on the keyboard.
4. Right click on the mouse.
5. Click the Menu button in the toolbar and select Undo from the menu list.
The goal is to finish every game. Undo is your friend. Undo your moves to get back on track if it looks like you are heading down a dead-end.
Redo a Move
You can redo every move that you have undone. Every move, including undo and redo moves are saved. If you return to a game that you have already played, you can undo and redo your previous moves.
There are different several ways to redo previous moves.
1. Click on the redo button in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
2. Press the down arrow on the keyboard.
3. Press the r key on the keyboard.
4. Click the Menu button in the toolbar and select Redo from the menu list.
Get a Hint
Not sure what move to make? Sparkle Hints and EZ Play can help. You can request a hint at any time. The yellow sparkles will highlight a possible move.
sparkle hints are presented in order of usefulness, from best move to worst. You can request a Sparkle Hint repeatedly to see multiple hints. There are several ways to request a Sparkle Hint.
1. Click on the sparkle hint button in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
2. Press the h key on the keyboard.
3. Click the Menu button in the toolbar and select Sparkle Hint from the menu list.
The number of Sparkle Hints used during a game is displayed in your stats.
ez play moves are presented from left to right, not in order of usefulness. There are several ways to cycle through available EZ Play moves.
1. Use the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard (press space bar to execute move)
2. Use the mouse scroll wheel (press scroll wheel to execute move).
Cycling through possible moves doesn't count against you. Use EZ Play whenever you want. It might even help you improve your strategy!
Start a New Game
You can start a new game at any time. If you exit a game in-progress you can always come back to it later to finish it. You will be able to pick up right where you left off and undo and redo your previous moves.
1. Click on the new game button in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
2. Press the n key on the keyboard.
3. Click the Menu button in the toolbar and select New Game from the menu list.
If you start a new game before you finish your current game, it will be counted as a game played but not yet won. You can come back and finish it later.
Press Ctrl + N key to go to the last game played and not finished. This is a quick way to go back and complete the games you started and get your win percentage back up to 100%.
Restart Current Game
Want an fresh start? You can restart your current game at any time. Undo and redo moves are saved. If you restart your current game, you can redo all your previous moves.
1. Click on the restart game button in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
2. Press the c key on the keyboard.
3. Click the Menu button in the toolbar and select Restart Current Game from the menu list.
If you've already started a game, try undoing your previous moves rather than restarting the game from the beginning. If you restart a current game, your current game will count as a loss. Select Game by Number
To select a game by number, click on the menu icon in the toolbar and then, Select Game. Enter the game number. You can select a game by number at any time. Your current in-progress game will automatically be saved.
Games are numbered in order of difficulty. Higher numbered games are harder to win.
Challenge an opponent by playing the same game number.
Select Game Difficulty Level
Usually only two suits are used in Acid Spider. One-suit games are much easier and four-suit games are the most difficult. Select game style from the main menu to change your game style
Quickly Exit Your Game
Press the "Esc" key on the keyboard to quickly exit the game. Don't worry, your in-progress game will be saved and you'll be able to pick up the game where you left off.
The game clock stops immediately when you minimize the game to the task bar (click on the "minimize window" button in the upper-right hand corner of the screen) or close the game.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts make it fun and easy to play a number of different ways.
A variety of game options are available from the main menu. From here you can turn sound on/off, set the number undo moves allowed, set the card transparency and even control the window fading effects (on the Windows version)
AcidSolitaire Collection games come with several different built-in backgrounds to choose from. You can also use any JPEG image as a background image. To change the background image, click the Menu Button and then select select background from the main menu. Select a directory and click on an image. If the Preview Selection box is checked, you'll be able to preview your selection as you click on each image.
Add some of your own background images and have the backgrounds cycle after each win. It is a fun surprise to see the next image when you start a new game!
To quickly change the background at any time, press the F1 or F2 key on the keyboard to cycle through background images.
Resize the game window at any time. The card size automatically adjusts when you resize the screen. For bigger cards, maximize the window. For smaller cards, make the window smaller. Drag the edge of the window (top, left, right or bottom corner) with your mouse to resize the window to make it larger or smaller. Click the tiny window icons in the top-right corner of the screen to maximize or restore down the window.
Press the F9 key on the keyboard to return to the default window size.
If you add your own background images, you can preserve your original image without cropping or tiling it. Select match image aspect ratio option on the Select Background screen.
Try playing in super tiny mode. Resize the screen as small as it will go. In super tiny mode, we recommend using your mouse scroll wheel or the arrow keys to move cards.
Games are numbered in ordered by difficulty. Start at game #1 to play the easy games or jump to a higher game number for more of a challenge. Every move you play is saved. You can undo and redo every move made. Even if you quit the game, play another game and return to the previous game, your original game will be saved. If you aren't able to win the game today, you can come back to the game at any time.
Use EZ Play
EZ Play offers a variety of ways for you to play in addition to traditional drag and drop, single click and double click card movement. If you are looking to relax, try EZ Play using the mouse scroll wheel to cycle through useful moves. Press the scroll wheel to execute your move and right click using your mouse to undo previous moves.
For more excitement, try playing using the arrow keys on your keyboard. The left and right arrow keys cycle through possible moves, press the space bar to execute each move. Use the up arrow to undo previous moves and the down arrow to redo moves.
IntelliMove incorporates intelligent, intuitive game play movement that knows what you are thinking (almost!) IntelliMove won't bother you with moves that won't get you anywhere in the game. Your cards will move effortlessly to where they should go.
To take full advantage of Intellimove, select either single-click or double-click move mode from the options menu. When you click or double-click on a card, the card will move to the best location available.
Track Your Statistics
AcidSolitaire Collection games track several fun statistics. To view your statistics, click the Menu Button and then select show stats from the main menu. Try to keep your win percentage up!
Here are some basic game tips to get you going.
1. Any suit can be placed on top of any other suit, as long as they are in descending order.
2. Multiple cards may move together if their suits match, and if they are in descending order.
3. Try to match suits as much as possible.
4. You can deal cards at any time. 10 cards will be dealt, one for each column.
5. A full set of cards, King through Ace of matching suit, will move to a home cell automatically.
6. When all 104 cards are in home cells, you win. All games in Acid Spider are winnable.
7. Usually, only two suits are used in Acid Spider. One-suit games are easier. There are always 104 cards (multiple decks).
8. The number of suits can be changed by selecting "Game Style..." from the menu options.
9. Click on cards to automatically move them to the best destination. Or, drag and drop if you prefer.
10. Select Sparkle Hints from the toolbar or press the H key on the keyboard to get a Sparkle Hint.
11. Sparkle Hints are suggested moves, not a guaranteed path to win.
12. Select Undo from the toolbar, or press the U key on the keyboard to undo moves, even after you have lost.
13. Use the keyboard arrow keys to activate EZ Play.
14. EZ Play moves are highlighted in order from left to right, not in order of usefulness.
15. Press the space bar to execute a move.
16. Press the up arrow to undo moves and the down arrow to redo moves.
Submit Software |
Advertise with Us |
Copyright © BestShareware.net. All rights reserved.